Anti-Harassment Measure: Remove agent names from COMM actions.

It's simple: lower COMM actions to Portal Captures/Neutralizations, Link Creations/Destructions and Field Creations/Destructions.

Instead of placing the agent name, place the faction.

For example, I capture some portal, COMM would say "The ENL has captured some portal".

This would also require agent name removal from INTEL. Agent names would still be visible in Scanner as usual.

Pros? Cons?

Tagged:

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

@Allonautilus this clearly needs a better anti-cheating system, or at least a way to reduce the income of tickets on support.

Anyway, the game is meant to be played, not to be guarded, isn't it? :)

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to move this to the App Feedback forum.

@GoonieGuy yes, that would need a twerk aswell.

About multi-accs, I believe they are already living their dream :/

Good to see you around, Goonie :)

• GoonieGuyGoonieGuy ✭✭✭

That's true @GoblinGranate - I think recursion was a good step towards reducing multiaccounting for folks that felt like they had no reason to gain AP. Love to hear more ideas on reducing anti-harassment and other forms of cheating. Good to see you too!

you should call this one in :) i'd love to talk about it more on the show

That's an interesting point, @caderoux , but I don't think allowing palyers to be harrased like they are justifies the "urgency" you speak about.

Also, you are basing the point in the fact that reports are resolved satisfactory, which is not happening from my point of view. When you complain and only the wall listens to you... you tend to look for ways to reduce the damage.

Also, I avoided to mention Pokemon GO since multi-accs are here used the same way they are there. There is lots of trainers that avoid cheating and would love a banstorm. Actually,

I don't know about you, but I know a guy who used 25 accounts to get a gold Recruiter just to reach L10 and ticket was resolved "successfully" by Niantic. The lad is L12 nowadays xD

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

• @edyak I think that could help avoiding insults, home-following, false accusations , and so on. But i think the price is too high.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

So... are you trying to give people a reason to scrape portal data all the time again? Because that's what you're implying here.

Report the Agent if they are harassing you.

@Hydraulinski That is of no use if you are being chased around :/ (sorry, quoting doesn't seem to work properly).

@Khatre It is my belief that search & destroy should be Niantic's work, not community's. I hate cheaters aswell, but I prefer to play the game, you know :/ (sorry for the missing quote again).

I see many of you take the suggestion and just asume that is a personal situation on me when it's not, it's just an idea to speak about :)

Using a statement that begins with "If you are..." is not very constructive, btw, boys, I don't see any ranking for winning arguments over here xD

Thanks for all the feedback, I find it quite revealing.

• That’s PRO isn’t true. I’ve been bullied almost daily by one agent since my first day playing and followed by many agents when go

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

Strictly speaking anyone using player tracker from IITC is against the Ingress ToS.

As others have said, people scanning the messages on the Intel map and tracking unusual patterns of activity is an important part of the Ingress strategy and it would ****, or at least severely cripple, the game if it was removed.