Incorrect account ban wave related to iOS device, never cheated, any others?

I have received the level 2 ban warning. And the 3rd one is the final ban. Still couldn't find the reason and have to try to post here to find out the law of it.

Absolutely had claimed an appeal to NIA Support and just was told that the decision is based on high accuracy of anti-cheat system. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS FIRSTLY.

My circumstance is:

--- iOS 15.6.1

--- VPN user in mainland China P.R.

--- ingress v2.99.1

--- IITC user

Do you meet similar iOS problem? If yes please comment and list out the situation's features.

It seems that it's related with iOS 15.6.1 as there are 3 more players in the same situation. But it's weird.

Thank you.

Comments

• My interpretation of the ToS would be that IITC use is a breach.

From what I have seen/heard from others, there are some functionalities that seem harmless and useful and others enabled by plugins that are not, to different extents.

Many players seem to think use of IITC is tolerated by Niantic, but maybe it isn’t… or maybe they can detect use of functionality that oversteps their undocumented boundaries.

Remove IITC and play with a new account would be my advice. If you get banned again 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thank you friend. Yes, IITC is possible. But it seems the plugins are always those which have existed for years. NIA should have documented all of them long ago.

If IITC should be banned, I can accept because there should be fun of unknown.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

What's your VPN provider? What's the ASN (Autonomous System Numbers) of your IP address after connected? Perhaps the ASN or IP address prefix of your VPN provider has been polluted and is considered "untrusty" by the Niantic Lightship anti-cheating system. Or it's possible that the system simply thinks it's suspicious that there are too many players logging via the same VPN provider/ASN as you.

If I were you, I will immediately switch to a new iPhone and logging via Apple ID which does not require VPN, and temporarily stop using IITC, to avoid receiving a final ban.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

There used to be proxy servers in China for Ingress play to avoid vpn use. Unsure if they still work/exist...

• Thanks. Perhaps I prefer another VPN provider way to fix the problem, but is there a list of "untrusty" ASN or IP address which I can check whether the new provider is "trusty"?

I didn't bound my Apple ID with the original account.

Moreover, I notice if using Apple ID to log in, in China mainland, players couldn't see the images of portal in the game, apply for new portals, which are of photo related functions. So I prefer choosing a new "trusty" VPN provider.