Request price revaluation of Frackers

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The outcry of the reversion of the portal hack cooldown to 5 minutes is akin to Pogo players wanting to keep the 160m spin radius.

I have a request, @NianticBrian @NianticThia

To reevaluate the price of Frackers, to reduce their cost.

As your data shows, these things have not been used for over 4 years. And longer.

Thus is mainly due to how expensive they are.

I believe that some of the complaints around the change to cooldown timer can be mitigated with a cost reduction of Frackers.

These are currently sitting at double the cost of an Apex.

In addition to reducing their cost by 50% or more, I also recommend that you also have 1 or 2 Frackers included in the monthly CORE subscription

Tagged:

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

The cost of frackers unexpectedly doubled a while ago. That was super annoying.

Part of the reason that they haven't been used as much recently is that they are typically used when people gather for builds and people gather a lot less than they used to.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

and today u can force a free fracker by scanning a portal 13 times... fracker was a thing back then, but after drones came ? agents rather buy apex i think.

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Never really used frackers (I still keep in my inventory some of those they gave for free). There's no really a reason to use them, now even less when you can frack a portal for free with just a few scans.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no real reason anyone why frackers can't be say 1,500 CXM.

It would help those key farming, or to quickly rebuild their inventory after an event.

And yeah, those that can't afford even that, uploading 13 scans will give you a free fracker.

13 scans, at 15 seconds each is about 3 and half minutes, not counting upload time.

In other cities, you can upload those in just a few minutes.

So in say 6 minutes you can have a free 15 minute fracker to harvest a tonne of keys.

3 minute cooldowns +VRHS (70% cooldown)

Is 90s per hack.

If with a VRMH with a total of 16 Hacks

Double keys with a fracker

Conservatively, 4 keys per hack, awards 64 keys.

A fracker lasts 15 minutes

So with 2 frackers in that time for 16 Hacks is about 30 minutes. For at least 64 keys.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the game plays differently where you guys are but I use frackers for 8 gear, especially X8s. I can easily blow through a thousand of them in one evening, and keeping up with that pace requires a lot of farming. Keys? Don't need them. X8s? THERE ARE NEVER ENOUGH FOR ME.

I would rather give Niantic a dollar (or whatever frackers cost now when buying them in bulk) than waste six minutes scanning portals. My time is worth more than ten bucks per hour.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time I used frackers for farming was in Kuala Lumpur, after travelling from. NZ to Singapore for the Cassandra Prime Anomaly in 2018

• In my case I farmed items with a fracker bought by a fellow player in the same year like you. I clearly remember that my inventory capacity was quickly full with this powerup. Actually, I prefer to spend money on Apex than frackers.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

There is definitely a good argument for a price decrease, or some kind of other change to offset the hack cooldowns.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep 'em at the same price, keep the 90 second cool down and use your Epoch daily hack in a better way. You can get a lottttta keys using your Epoch hack. I used keys from my Epoch hack to get my Peace badger this past weekend. 😎

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The math for the 3 minute cooldown is a very good compromise.

This thread to suggest a mitigation method to enable the small number of players who actively key farm for layered (local) fields and link stars.

If my recommendations are enabled, I for one will be buying Frackers for layered local fielding ops

• You only need frackers for flash farms weigh have all but disappeared. Pandemic killed player meet ups. And they haven't really come back as everyone used drones and other methods to restock.

Theb play field has also become more static. If you don't need to tear down and/or rebuild frequently, you dont need rapid mass gear replenishment.

• Sounds like the people need to start wrecking havoc arround the fields, what's the fun in stale fields

• IMO raise the price to make them used less. Then reduce glyping output to Speed + 10% per succesful glyph (original rate). Make multi-portal walking farms great again 😁