Redacted VS Prime

GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

!--> The title is deliberately provocative and clicks bait <--!

This discussion is to see the preference of players between the two scanners.

Very simple rule:

Redacted = Like ❤️ (Keep Redacted online forever)

Prime = Insightful 💡 (New scanner is better, if redacted will be banned i don't care)

(In comments you can explain your reason)

My hope is that NIA can see that many players are very fond of the old scanner.

My local community is divided between those who quit once Redacted is banned and those who try to play with little conviction.

A lot of historical players who started at the beginning of the game are totally demotivated to use the new scanner, it would be a sad to lose them when it is possible to keep the game alive with a little effort like now.

I hope it is clear that I do not want to obstruct the evolution of the scanner and block the spread of the Prime version, I just hope that it is possible to keep both apps in parallel exactly as they are now forever.

Comments

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

I'm agree, i hope so.

What about old devices, have they to stop? Redacted would be the only solution...

(How sad are people that report a peaceful comparison post like this for spam and abuse? 🤨)

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

If I wanted more like I would have made an explicit post for that like many other forum users.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Freezes & stupid speelock (walk 100m out of Congress.. locked...) are annoying but I don't play on redacted anymore since field link and deploy are far better on prime

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

I think everything is decided today. Nia will look at how many people play with raw compared to how much they played with redacted before.

I hope they realize that killing redacted will drastically reduce players and be a bad choice.

PS I'm glad the post took the direction I had in mind, thanks to everyone!

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Or they're too busy playing on Prime to come post on the forums :P

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I am here to prove you wrong.

I joined in January 2014 and have the current maximum Sojourner streak of 1600 days. I've used Prime almost full time since November (the only time I switched back to Redacted for any significant time was during the Darsana Prime anomaly).

Prime is not brilliant at the moment, but it is at least adequate.

• The one and only thing I find good about prime is the easier access to Power cubes.

Everything else is bad :(

• CurieUSGlo21212CurieUSGlo21212 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

If I have trouble seeing single layer fields and the goal of the game is fielding, what's the point? All the opponent has to do is throw a single layer field over me mid way through setting something up and I could waste a lot of time just to end in pure frustration. Would it completely destroy Prime to add some texture to the fields like we have in Redacted so they are easier to see? Drafting 101. Prime fail!

Until they fix the feel of Glyphing in Prime, I have no confidence I will continue to Glyph after Redacted dies. I have recently spent hours trying to get used to it and I HATE Glyphing in Prime. Glyphing in Redacted was instantly one of my favorite parts of the game. I never had to get acustomed to the feel of it. The only challenge in Redacted was learning the Glyphs.

And battery drain. Need I say more. It seems to be improving, but still has a way to go.

• I've really tried Prime after being forced to upgrade which was unpleasant in itself. Had enough and I have uninstalled. Terrible terrible UI, just terrible. Too many clicks to interact. Wish I had got the couple million to get to lvl 16 but Prime is simply awful. If redacted comes back perhaps I'll keep going. After nearly 5 years, you have lost my interest.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

One day vs year of redacted play.

That's not trying.

Btw now that they add they drop directly on the key there is not more click on prime than redacted.

People just don't want to learn the new gameplay and keep their habits.