Rare Battle Beacons not scoring

I deployed 10 Rare Battle Beacons last Sunday, August 28th. As a rural player this was my one shot at getting the Superposition badge. Whilst 8 of the BBs ended and scored correctly, 2 did not.

Here you see me deploy a group of 5

The 2 marked X finish but the red notification is missing and they don't score.

I filed a report in the Help Center but I've heard nothing.

Tagged:

Comments

• One of my friends also had this issue. Interacted with 10 battle beacons but only credited for 6

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

and you did interact with all 10 not just deploy?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Deploy counts

Deploying during timer count down doesn't seem to count anymore.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i see, before just deploy didnt count but weird it count wrong for some

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I deployed 80 Rare Battle Beacon's during the countdown and all 80 counted to my Superposition badge. So if it's not counting during that time, it may be bugged.

May need the full log for @EastAnglian to see what portals had BB's and what actions were taken on them. The screenshots look fine, but only shows 5 BB's, what about the other 5?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah - thought countdown counted - team mates argued otherwise.

• Cl4whammerCl4whammer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

I had the same issue last event, placed 10 in the same way only 9 counted. Had to do one more. Dont know what could caused the issue since i did 10x exactly the same stuff.

• I deployed the second group of 5 a little later in the evening and all scored correctly.

All 10 BBs were deployed on 'enemy' portals.

I subsequently destroyed resos and mods, captured the portals, hacked and built them up slowly, performing at least one action on each through all phases of the 'battles'.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thia posted that it does in the Kureze Effect FAQ, edited back in February and has counted ever since. I've deployed once after launching the BB and moved on, got my points and badges in every instance.

What counts as interacting with a Battle Beacon? What impacts the category (CAT) result of a Battle Beacon?

After a Battle Beacon battle starts When a Battle Beacon is deployed on a Portal, we begin tracking the following actions on that Portal. If the action taken matches one that will generate points towards the result of the Battle, it is counted as an interaction.

Currently, those Offensive and Defensive Portal actions are:

Deploy or Upgrade Resonator (note: upgrading your own Resonators does not count)

Attack or Destroy Resonator

Destroy Portal Mod

Destroy Link

Recharge Resonator or Remote Recharge

NEW: Our researchers have discovered more intel about the way Battle Beacons operate because of the mysterious forces present during the #KurezeEvent.

Interactions during the 10-minute initialization period of a Rare Battle Beacon, as well as during the battle itself for both Rare and Very Rare Battle Beacons, will be counted as a Kureze Effect interaction and will impact the CAT-level of the battle.

• It does, as I just deployed rares and captured the portal and moved on...

I never waited until the BB actually started...

Did it for Superposition and Kythera.

If it didn't work, it was either bugged for you only or you didn't do the correct actions.