Battle beacon interactions not counted

First : I *do* know you have to wait until the countdown ends for rare BBs. I do know modding, hacking and upgrading your own resonators do not count.

Rare battle beacons were deployed to two portals at 20:07 (Métro République and Cinéma Le Zola)

Portals were captured at 20:18 and 20:19, while they were active (we both deployed resonators to both portals, they were neutral as the capture show)

Battle results don't appear in my "alerts" tab at 20:26 when the battle ended.

We also deployed 8 VRBB, they counted correctly for me but only 7 to KessyWedgel (we both deployed resonators to every one of them).

Filed a ticket in-app, got a copy-paste answer.

5 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, you don't know, about the countdown since, from the second event of battle beacon anomoly they count the cooldown timer period

Secondly, you have provided capture of 2 portals yet claim 1 of 8 didn't work, why not just deploy another beacon....

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Why 7, what was your aim, you needed 10 for the medal.....

• pitareiopitareio ✭✭✭

We deployed and interacted with 8 vrbb and 2 rbb. I included screenshots of things that didn't work, I didn't include the screenshots for the 8 vrbb that did work for me.

• Same for me and other agents; We deployed 10 BB, we waited the 10 minutes of preparation.. after that we deployed resonators in the empty slots. At the end of the battles we have some agents have 2 points, other 3 points. 12 hours have passed but nothing changed!

• K3rnelP4nikK3rnelP4nik ✭✭
    edited August 2022

Here some screenshot:

We made exactly the same actions on all the 10 portals; someone get 3 points, I get 2 points...

I think that even if we made some accidentally mistake It is very very strage that we gain 2 points on 10...

I suppose that's kind a bug! Anything we can do?

• pitareiopitareio ✭✭✭

Also, "why not just deploy another beacon..." : because I'm not willing to spend CMUs as a workaround for a bug.

• Hi ! I was with Pitareio Yesterday evening, and I confirm, i did exactly as he did : deploy & upgrade resonators, hack, destroy blue resos, etc.

I deployed my 2 rare beacons, he deployed 8 VRBB he bought with his Core account, and at last, only 7 points were counted for me & 8 for him...

I'm still at 7 today 😓🤷🏼‍♀️

• I check (just to be sure) and all the actions are correctly reported in COMM

• It happened the same on Saturday, we deployed 10 battle beacons and some of us only have 7, some 8 and some 9 and EVERYONE followed the same steps deploying resonators level 1 and some also linked the portals, even that, did not get the 10 participations.

We deployed more beacons to reach the medal.

• Thanks for your thorough report. Based on your info and your timestamps, I see 8 Superposition points for @pitareio and 7 for @KessyWedgel, as you mentioned. @KessyWedgel didn't earn credit on the 7th Battle Beacon that @pitareio did earn credit for, which occurred at timestamp 20:28:18, however, @KessyWedgel did earn credit for the final Battle Beacon (which was @pitareio's 8th Superposition credit).

Do you remember what Portal you deployed the 7th Battle Beacon to? Was it possibly Librairie Lettres à Croquer?

1. L'arbre à la plaque détruite
    2. Hommage A COLIN 1908
    3. Inscription du parc
    4. Des Hommes Et Des Vitres
    5. Mario pizzaïolo
    6. Coucou les vaches
    7. Cinéma Le Zola
    8. Metro République
    9. Librairie Lettres à Croquer
    10. Devanture Tabac Villeurbanne

I'm seeing errors on @KessyWedgel's game actions that don't appear on @pitareio's at 1 specific Portal: Librairie Lettres à Croquer. The error message says that they attempted to deploy an L8 Resonator but there was already an existing L8 Resonator owned by @KessyWedgel on that Portal, so the L8 Resonator was not deployed. I'm wondering if that might explain why 1 player has 8 credits towards Superposition and 1 player (@KessyWedgel) has 7 credits?

If you remember what Portal you deployed the 7th Battle Beacon to, it'll help me narrow down the logs further. Thanks.

• Hello, same problem here for several agents. 10 BB deployed (see screenshots)

After the end of the BBs, the agents below did not get all the points: 

@gummynounours : 4 pts

@LudivineTLB : 2 pts

@VoeGarath : 5 pts

@Lonelylisa : 4 pts

They ALL deployed on 10 portals without getting the full points. Agent @CoucouCMoi is the only one who got all 10 pts after the BBs ended.

I had to reroll 8 BB on Saturday with LudivineTLB so she could get her medal.

• Hi Brian !

Thanks for your answer.

Here are the timetable of deployment of the BBB and VRBB according to my screen :

1/ 8:07PM RBB on Cinéma le Zola

2/ 8:07PM RBB on Métro République

3/ 8:08PM VRBB on Devanture Tabac Villeurbanne

4/ 8:08PM VRBB on Librairie Lettres à croquer

5/ 8:10PM VRBB on Coucou les Vaches

6/ 8:11PM VRBB on Mario Pizzaiolo

7/ 8:12PM VRBB on Des hommes et des vitres

8/ 8:12PM VRBB on Hommage à Colin 1908

9/ 8:13PM VRBB on Inscription du Parc

10/ 8:14PM VRBB on L'Arbre à la plaque détruite

the 7th beacon was Des hommes et des Vitres

I remember the error with the L8 resonator, also...

here's the log of the 7 victorious beacons counted :

So the RBB I deployed (cinéma le zola & métro république) are not even on the list... and "inscription du parc" is missing though.

thanks for every thing you can do to help us :)

• Still nothing here? I will really appreciate some help :)

After the end of the BBs, the agents below did not get all the points: 

@K3rnelP4nik: 2 pts

@Klauspino: 3 pts

@askhlamabad: 1 pt

They ALL deployed on 10 portals without getting the full points.

• Relevant logs for the two beacons that didn't count for either @KessyWedgel or me :

=====

Cinéma Le Zola

20:07  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Rare Battle Beacon on Cinéma Le Zola

20:19  <pitareio>   deployed a Resonator on Cinéma Le Zola

20:19  <pitareio>   captured Cinéma Le Zola

20:19  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Cinéma Le Zola

20:26  <>   Enlightened won a CAT-I Rare Battle Beacon on Cinéma Le Zola

=====

Metro République

20:07  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Rare Battle Beacon on Metro République

20:18  <KessyWedgel>  captured Metro République

20:18  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Metro République

20:18  <pitareio>   deployed a Resonator on Metro République

20:18  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Metro République

20:26  <>   Enlightened won a CAT-I Rare Battle Beacon on Metro République

Relevant logs for Inscription du parc, that correctly ticked for me but not for @KessyWedgel :

=====

Inscription du parc

20:13  <pitareio>   deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:13  <pitareio>   deployed a Very Rare Battle Beacon on Inscription du parc

20:13  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:16  <__ADA__>    Your Portal Inscription du parc neutralized by __ADA__

20:16  <pitareio>   destroyed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:22  <__ADA__>    Your Portal Inscription du parc neutralized by __ADA__

20:22  <KessyWedgel>  destroyed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:22  <pitareio>   destroyed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:23  <KessyWedgel>  captured Inscription du parc

20:23  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:23  <pitareio>   deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:23  <KessyWedgel>  deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:25  <__ADA__>    Your Portal Inscription du parc neutralized by __ADA__

20:25  <pitareio>   destroyed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:25  <pitareio>   deployed a Resonator on Inscription du parc

20:25  <pitareio>   captured Inscription du parc

20:28  <>   Enlightened won a CAT-I Very Rare Battle Beacon on Inscription du parc

20:28  <>   Enlightened won a CAT-I Very Rare Battle Beacon on your Inscription du parc

We should both have got three points from these beacons, but @KessyWedgel got 0 and I got 1

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It is likely related to the syncing issues we've had for the past month.

Not much I can suggest to help, other than to restart the app after you know you have interacted with said battle Beacons, then add one more resonator to a unique slot, to count.

Deploying your own battle Beacons, automatically qualifies you for BB point during these events

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Deploying your own battle Beacons, automatically qualifies you for BB point during these events

It does not! Many people assume so and are waisting Battle Beacons due to it. Not saying this is the case here in this thread, but to make sure no one is just deploying a beacon and moving on in the future, I want to point it out.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I did this, and it DID count, no other interactions were done other than to deploy Battle Beacons, and still got the points when the Battle Beacons concluded

• Hi Brian !

Any news about the logs and from this issue ?

Thank you ! <3

• Well done Niantic...

"Thank you! I have sent your information to my human team. Please note that it may take up to 14 business days for a reply while we investigate. Your ticket number is 18983005."

I contacted support on August 29th, I was told that the report had been forwarded to the verification team and to date still no response. Double check for safety, ticket closed without any response...

Money wasted buying Battle Beacons in the shop, time wasted trying to get the medal, actions not counted correctly despite Intel logs. I think I've had enough of this completely non-existent support both against players who blatantly violate the TOS and for those who play fair and spend money on this game.

This was the drop that broke the camel's back; I immediately canceled my CORE subscription and from now on Niantic will never see any more money from me.

• Hi @NianticBrian , any news?

• As of today, months after what happened and after two Anomalies I've participated in (receiving the respective medals correctly) I still haven't received the Superposition Anomaly medal.

The funny thing is that I opened a ticket about it ("Thank you! I have sent your information to my human team. Please note that it may take up to 14 business days for a reply while we investigate. Your ticket number is 18983005.") which was resolved after two months by telling me that the actions taken in the game were actually correct and that I was entitled to the Anomaly medal. But as you can see from the screen, the medal has never been pushed on my profile... even the ticket turned out to be completely useless...

@NianticBrian by now I don't know if it's possible to do something but as an old Ingress player with even 20 months of C.O.R.E. behind me, lots of medals shopped and many hours invested in the game with dedication (just consider all the time invested in the candidature of new portals which today amount to more than 300) I'm really really disappointed...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

huh, you have the superposition badge in profile ?

• After all this time, I'm still waiting for Superposition Badge... after receiving a response to ticket #18983005 confirming that I am entitled to the medal... @NianticBrian