What do you want to see in Ingress Year 10 and beyond?

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in General

Scanner Crates have been mentioned a lot so would be great to see them. Along with new badges and ways to recruit agents too.

Tagged:

Comments

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought, if niantic didn't care about the backlash, they could randomly nuke the while map, clear links, empty portals, make everyone start from scratch. On one hand I'd hate it for all the portals I'm keeling alive, but ont he other, who doesn't enjoy chaos lol

Really thoigh, I've always said this, I'd liek for the subscription items to be chosen from a set of items, rather than the set ones, like, apex, waste, ito minus, I don't need them more than like once every 4 months, sbuls, way to easy to get with kinetic capsules so don't really need them.

Other than that, better kinetic capsule recipes, maybe make new items out of them (think the furret has been brought up several times, force amp x turret, or I had an idea of mixing the 2 virus together to create an anti virus that you could use on a portal to protect it from being flipped till it was destroyed)

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I think if they built up to it, lore wise, they could do nuke of the map, without as much backlash. Say if we are told if any event ends in a tie it happens, as a constant hanging thing for 2023?

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or even say that a new threat is looming, give a date, give vague then obvious hints that a reset will occur

• A third faction

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get the original scanner back? Too soon?

• jaaxtmpjaaxtmp ✭✭
    edited July 2022

I'm not sure how good it could be to give players (just for a day) the option to choose o purchase a removal badge from our profiles since we sometimes do it by pure impulsivness.

Maybe not remove (for me at least) but being able to hide badges and rearrange them as you see fit would be great.

• Search Filters for easier key management in Portal Keys, capsule manage screen(for loading/unloading) and in linking screen for quick selection of field keys and not dealing with the slow scrolling keys

Filters like: name (with wildcards), portal level (portal0-8), distance (distance2-10), energy % (energy10-65), faction (resistance, enlightened, neutral) with usual search logic & , ! similar concepts as POGO.

Sorting keys by Energy level, count.

Could add Favourite keys, can't delete or drop unless favourite removed.

I didn’t have unlocked frame rate on my list but nice to know that “and more” is on the way.

• You will stop being amused when it really is there. 😁

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Easy.

Advanced options:

*high detail on supported models,for example 120hz(mine don't support but...)

*low detail for bgan area's(eg no portal images?)

*ability to turn off "recommendations" (store in deploy/attack carousel is awful idea)

*maybe "upload all assets" as was in HPWU,idk what assets excepting photos are loaded from "clean" client

Also:

*working notification(hello there you have asset in resources,it is not used since 1.131.2!)(yes,I can choose own one by system dialogue,but then why your own is present and even non-extractable like was in 1.**,I still use 1.** sfx.notify.ogg just because can't quick-pull new one)

*language selector(I am not sure I can run Android 13 custom ROM on my phone to change lang by system,and English shows mu in common,useful info, - Russian don't,Ukrainian even don't exist)

*less bugs,ofc. 2.94 was with ARCore request on non-supported phones,2.95 was with "unable to load Agent profile" (still exist,but less than was),2.96 can't turn adventure sync on - this "one release one new bug" is pissing off.

*Maybe some betatester program,like "dogfood"? I'd like to participate.

• Aside form the suggestions made, I'd like to see an unique untiered 10 year badge like the founder badge that was awarded to veteran players like me on December 2013.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

More events like hexathlons.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

A Retirement Badge after one recursion. Having it would be cool.

Being able to get to level 17 and beyond after a Recurse would be nice.

Just let everyone buy one of those for Year 10.

1,000 CMU.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

playing 10 years a game is a long time could be for fun add something unique but doesnt have to.

• edited August 2022

You realize that every year, we get the equivalent of the Founders badge right? The yearly badge is what the Founders badge was, just not for the first year. That's the reason I think this is semi pointless.