Kinetic Capsule notification comes before 8km

Turn on adventure sync.

Start a kinetic capsule

Walk 7.1 km

Get a notification that kinetic capsule is ready. But you cant 'claim' the capsule yet.

Restart Ingress Prime

Now you can claim the capsule.

This issue started about 3 weeks ago and is very consistent for me... I get the notification at 7.1km almost every time. Once I had it at 6.9km.

Once I didnt get the notification even at 7.8km, so I went ahead and did the restart of the scanner, and indeed the capsule was ready.

5 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

happens me too and many others some time ago.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

The behavior has changed. My last 2 notifications came as 5.6km. When I did a restart, the kinetic capsule was still not ready. Not even close. My current capsule was notified 3 hours ago... I restarted, did a walk, am now at 6.1km but still not ready to claim the item.

edited July 2022

Behavior changed. On Monday, kinetic capsule gained 0.1km while trekker went up by 2km, for a 4km walk.

But since Thursday, kinetic capsule and trekker are going up a bit more.

Notification occurs at 5.6km, and restarting, rebooting and uninstalling/reinstalling, do not hatch the capsule.

The notification is simply wrong.

At the moment, I have a notification from 12:54pm, and I did a fairly long walk for 2 hours. trekker went up by 7km. But the capsule still has not completed.

2 issues

1. notification comes early. At about 5.6km I get the 'Kinetic Capsule ready'.
    2. kinetic capsule distance lags behind trekker
    Post edited by phthoruth on
  • This issue has been happening to me too and getting worse all the time. The capsule ready notification is completely off sync with the kinetic capsule itself. Restart does not help. After starting a kinetic, I walk 8km and get the notification, but kinetic capsule is at 0/8km. Only after this ready notification the kinetic capsule starts recording some km. I started comparing trekker km to kinetic. I have walked 20km in trekker when kinetic is finally ready to claim. And no ready notification at this time. The notification then comes after I start a new kinetic program and walk 8 km, which do not get recorded in the kinetic.

But adventure sync is back on.

Now we dont get notifications at all? I'm not sure this is better than early notifications

I also find it odd that trekker is higher than kinetic capsule distance.

Please fix.

This issue is still occurring. A notification says capsules are ready; They are not.