Half of whole accounts in Seoul are owned by ONE GUY

HawkBroHawkBro ✭✭✭

A guy playing in Seoul (South Korea) has over 150 accounts, it can guessed be over 200 also probably.

this number is similar to total number of other players who are playing in Seoul.

you guys can see logs similar to that of Anomaly Events in progress at 03:00 UTC (it's high noon in South Korea) everyday including weekdays and weekend.

This cheating even had power to decide the place of Kythera anomaly even that site has nothing of activities.

Due to this issue, many agents of South Korea had to visit unactive site for participate Keythera anomaly what was manipulated by cheater.

This area is inactive when except his logs like a bomb. this area could not be chosen to event area in Kythera Anomaly.

The most problem is many nicknames of that guy contains the meaning of **** harassment to specific player(s), and/or insulting, demeaning, call as handicapped.

We know who owns those. and checked by their eyes that a guy (who-has-known-face) uses multiple mobile phones and iPad in cafe with repeating sign in and out with various accounts.

I can't present evidences coursely! I know Niantic would replace all of names to ""REDACTED""

I just want to say this; What niantic did for this serious cheating and what can Niantic do? how dare could that guy is keeping this cheating and immoral behaviors for over few years?

Seoul is getting attentions globally recent but one guy has about half number of total account in Seoul. but the cheater rules the capital of a country, I think Niantic needs shame.

Comments

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

We know who owns those. and checked by their eyes that a guy (who-has-known-face) uses multiple mobile phones and iPad in cafe with repeating sign in and out with various accounts.

Repeated signing in and off should result to ban. I suppose there is Niantic employee in Korea responsible for Ingress operations and management, isn't there?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this shows the flaws in their systems if one guy can have so many accounts and is not flagged....

edited August 2022

As always, somebody will soon tell us that there are no flaws in their systems. "Every report will be reviewed carefully and manually. If they are not banned then Niantic sees no problems on those accounts". I bet it would show up in the next 36 hours.

• There are someone in our city, who owned like 30+ accs. (Our city is much smaller so thats how many active players are here)

but my question is, should one report the real user, or the account that shares unit with other accounts?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst I've seen is about a dozen.

• KISASection14KISASection14 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I confirm that all words above are true.

ㅡ Local agent in Seoul

• The content is true.

Although we have occupied portals in the area, attack attempts are coming in every day with the pattern of these accounts, and the accounts are active at the same time and pattern every day.

As a result, normal game play is disturbed, and if there is any sign of discovering the user, such as going to an area with a suspicious location, a mocking account is created with the user's nickname.

In fact, a mocking account was created and reported to Niantic, and the agent's name was changed.

In fact, we have reported several times to Niantic in this regard, but nothing has changed and the number of accounts of those users is increasing.

• It is presumed that you are using a container sandbox type of app while using multiple accounts.

• hustldoohustldoo ✭✭
    edited August 2022

It is difficult to detect cheating until you see it in person. It's true that if you have two devices and two accounts, you can't know only with data. Therefore, the problem of using multiple accounts continues. And the company has no ability to sort this out. In the end, this can only be seen as encouraging cheating. I wish the word fair was omitted from the answer to the problem report.

It's a common knowledge that POGO does not ban multi-accounts. I have saved MEME photos as well.

In contrast, Ingress does ban multi-accounts. Though very slowly (on yearly basis) and high level paid accounts are hard to be banned. I won't say that Ingress is banning multi-accounting effciently and effectively but a part of multi-accounts are getting banned every year. However this won't stop professional che.aters because Niantic rarely bans devices and even if it's doing so, the fingerprint of devices can be altered easily.

edited August 2022

There is no actual difference. It's the system that analyzes the relevant accounts, not the exact username you provided in the feedback form. What we can do for such issue is to file reports and pray, repeatedly.

• A general fact is the opinion of users, including cheaters. Pokemon Go and Ingress both ban the use of multiple accounts. This is stated in NIA's Terms of Service. If this becomes a common fact just because the NIA doesn't punish, the game's order is broken. The fact that there are people who think like you is evidence of just how tolerant the NIA has been in cheating. And this will eventually become a battle between users. The NIA must not be a spectator. You must actively strive to improve. Users who make money don't get BAN? How is it different from buying an account with money? the dog will laugh

Of course, I support punishing multi-accounters because it greatly impairs the gaming environment. I want Niantic to punish them more severely. However I personally do not take ToS seriously because rules stated in ToS are not strictly exercised.

Once upon a time Ingress ToS is not allowing children <18 yrs old to register and play. Simultaneously the Ingress Official Community (G+) is celebrating and promoting content of family player together (parents' registering accounts and let 8 years old chilren play Ingress). That's funny.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an agent in Mt. Vernon, IL that has about a dozen accounts (both factions). Reported multiple times, nothing ever done.

Seems like a massive time waste to me.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Making use of that many accounts and not tripping up and giving yourself away is hard work. I actually admired in a way a couple of multi guys as they did it perfectly for ages till they finally got cocky and banned.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Two devices two accounts one person can never get banned. I've seen it done successfully for years now. It's impossible to prove because it's against the rules to take a picture of them doing it. It's just one of those things that can never be stopped. So just accept it's a flaw, not in the game as much as in the people doing it.

• but if a person has 100 acc, I doubt he has 100 devices. Probably some accs share devices? If one could figure out wich accounts shares devices, that could maybe do the trick?

• HawkBroHawkBro ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

while move by bus, many accounts make logs such like doing relay. it's a circumstances that the cheater uses less devices.

Depending on the witness in the cafe, cheater uses one of phone and one of iPad. At now, he got one more phone.

• HawkBroHawkBro ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

He is moving to Jong-ro (where is nearby Seoul City Hall) now.

All of agents on the yellow line are his.

He moves by bus, runs on same route, runs in same time everyday. it's ongoing for about 2 years.

when he arrive cafe in Jong-ro, one-man-anomally-event begins.

• I can understand your frustration. If you ever find a way to get rid of the extra accs. Please tell me how 🥺

• MillopaiMillopai ✭✭✭

hello @HawkBro , i sent some tips to campfire. I hope it helps you

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I second the request to find out how to successfully report multi accounters. In my experience it's impossible to get banned for doing it. Reports never do anything.

• LimuLhwLimuLhw ✭✭
    edited August 2022

real eyewitnesses. The man was doing a one-person anomaly using multiple accounts using a tablet (Galaxy Tab) and two mobile phones, and he took out many accounts like crazy and worked on experience points. There were even nicknames mocking some eyewitnesses, and some mocking nicknames were changed to report or not changed; I reported the multi-account user several times, but without taking any action, he continued to create multi-account.

Upon discovering the multi-account abuser, he quickly fled the scene or acted like a normal person, pretending not to know...

• Today, he goes to work in the world of Ingress with several clones.

• would you like to send me them as well? We have a silular problem, bit in proportion to habitants 😂

• MillopaiMillopai ✭✭✭

Yes, send me a message via telegram. same name Millopai. I didn't find your campfire

Do you have anything like a telegram channel that analyze and summarize the list of his accounts?