Store items are still in attack carousel

2»

Comments

• My suggestion would be to disable it outside the store in case the user does not own any CMU.

This way players who own CMU can use them fast in a battle and those who do not have CMU are not bothered by the option.

Please reconsider it. I just started playing again after a long gap and it really bothers me.

• edited August 2022

Given that Niantic is a business, and Ingress exists to support their investors, here's an alternative:

Only show the X8 or R8 buttons in the carousel if the player has none of those items. So if you have R8s, the View button won't appear, but when you use your last one, the button appears to allow you to buy more (at which point it disappears again). That way, when players have the items, they aren't prompted to buy more. When they don't, they see the buttons.

If a player wants to buy multiple 10 packs, that can easily be achieved in the store.

This seems like a balance between the desire for Niantic to encourage purchases, and the annoyance of the scroll hitting a sale item instead of the most powerful XMPs or Resonators.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i wonder how many after this change by accident spent cmu without paying attention 🤔

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to tap at least twice to buy, so even if you accidentally hit "View", you still have to hit the big "Purchase" button which is located elsewhere in the screen.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Yes, but the cancel button is just below the acquire button, and requires moving your finger from the carousel to a point about halfway up the screen. And you can't dismiss that dialog by clicking on the background, either. There's not a lot of room for error when tapping the cancel button.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭

So just installed v2.97.2 and that garbage is still in the game. 🤬

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

They're just waiting long enough for our muscle memory to adapt, then they'll change things. (Or not, who know anymore.)

• I Accidentally purchased r8, immediately asked for a refund. I think europe has customer protection laws for this, but other than that, it's also unfair. So I canceled prime subscription anyway, still waiting for their reply. I will make sure my cmu is zero and stays zero to prevent accidental buys.

Im not sure what the point is to annoy subscribers.

Just keep sales in the shop please.

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Please keep us posted if you hear back. After support refused to credit me for the accidental CMU I did manage to get a refund through Apple, who even refunded me TWO months of CORE when I put in the request through the App Store. So in the long run they got the equivalent of $1 from me through this "feature" but lost $10 plus any future revenue.

• PolderPiraatPolderPiraat ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

----

And they closed the ticket after that.

I really hate you now Niantic.

So... you got an angry customer now,

Congrats.

To Google play;

Niantic ingress has added ingame purchases this month. They have an ingress shop area, but a few weeks ago they added purchases within ingame user interfaces that have muscle memory for repeated actions. Just playing the game will often lead to a mistaken purchase and support is not willing to refund these tokens. So I no longer wish to support this company in their unfair dealings and request a refund. Thanks.

That's enough popcorn for now. Cheers

Ps, seems like the consumer protection is a dutch law, applies for products, not for a subscription. Even so, still an angry customer tho.

Post edited by PolderPiraat on
  • Can you please remove it now?

• Could you at least move it to the left side of the carousel?

• suysuy ✭✭✭

This change is still really annoying. Can we please get an update to fix this?

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

I also don’t like this “feature” - it interrupts the flow of play. If some compromise is necessary for monetization purposes, can I suggest having the carousel stop on the last item in inventory, with the store/bundle appearing as an accessible button to the right, like so?

This way an agent’s muscle memory of which motions to make and where to tap will continue to work as normal - with very few unintended taps on the store button - while still leaving the store easily accessible in the unlikely event that the agent wants to buy things so badly that they can’t wait to find them via the actual store.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Niantic closed this with "intended" and "not a bug", which means they do not give a rats **** about your opinion and feedback. They will shove this down our throats weather we like it or not.

Remember this post: their next addition will be 30sec full screen video ad before you can interact with portals! 🤮