I am sick of this imbalance now

I am constantly having to hack portals half built to make sure I have enough level 4 resonators left it is not fair that I am constantly being put out and penalised because of niantic imbalance what a joke this developer is! This game is a mess!

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

are u glyph hacking correctly then ?

• I glyph hack every time I never just tap hack.

I should not have to go out of my way to maintain the most basic core elements of gameplay, that is up to niantic as the developer to keep us engaged.

You need 4x R4 to build a level 4 portal to begin with so unless you are willing to build an entire level 4 farm to keep stock then it is virtually impossible to continue just going along as normal.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not new to this game, so it's strange that you seem to have forgotten that this was the way we played before Niantic made covid-related changes.

• It doesn’t really matter much what level portals you have if your opponents don’t play does it?

Build and decay is your game 😔

• I remember how it was pre-covid and I have already posted it sucked back then and it sucks now.

I want to hack a fully built level 5 portal why should I have to forgo that to hack a half built portal just to keep stock maintained? Or run off far out to keep a useless level 4 farm afloat just to be able to afford to finish building a portal?

It has never made sense, it is unfair and it cripples basic gameplay unnecessarily.

• devo241devo241 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

Why should I just for basic play?? It is an inconvenience and it does show when it was so much busier during those "easier COVID times".

Try getting anybody other than die hard long term players to pick it up right now got no chance.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't like the way the game is, then don't play it. Sheesh. I build 87665, glyph, then finish deploying. It's not all that hard. Then again basic gameplay is hard for some. Maybe focus on working on some of those gold badges or recurse and work on some wings!

• That was my original point about being imbalanced why should I have to workaround it by hacking half built portals? I want to hack a fully deployed level 5 portal and not have to worry about constantly messing around with useless level 4 portals like we used to do. Level 5 portals themselves are hardly any use let alone featherweight level 4.

• If you dislike what I say then keep quiet and move on?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@devo241 Why shouldn't you? It's been that way since the dawn of time. If you want low-level gear you hack low-level portals. Easy peasey.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

So, you want to get more L4 resos out of hacking L5 portals? Am I getting that right?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

ingress is a resource management game always has always been u cant blaim nia on that

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hosette No one wants low-level gear, though. L4 XMPs? L4 Power Cubes?

Hacking low-level portals for low-level resonators so that you can keep building low-level portals is absurdist comedy.

Yes, it's easy. Yes, it's been like that since dinosaurs roamed the earth. I'm still not sure what's so essential about requiring L4 Resonators in a solo build. A hypothetical 87665555 is still an L5 Portal.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Because if you build it to the max a single player can achieve - L5, you usually don't get L4 resos by hacking. The difference between being able to deploy 4 L4 resos versus 2 L5 resos on a portal. This "problem" went away in the past with the extra L7 because it bumped the portal to L6.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

This "problem" still existed with 2x R7 deploys. We built a P6 as 87766554, which meant you had to build P4s and P5s for the sole sake of obtaining resonators for solo builds.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

55-4444-33 = level 4 portal. Glyph hack, then heat sink, then glyph hack, then heat sink, then glyph hack. Triple the amount of gear, plus you get triple glyph hack AP. Also, you get way more keys as well.

I start with a pack of 20 level 3 resonators, 20 level 4 resonators, 20 level 5 resonators, and about 100 heatsinks. I can microfield indefinitely with only having to stop every 30 minutes or so to replenish some level 3 or level 5 resonators. I have to literally throw away level 4 resonators left and right while I'm playing.

I'm going to guess you're just trolling, but if you need to, use ITO EN + and mods to stock up on resos beforehand and you can forego saving up the heatsinks.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

That's why you want portal dense areas and if necessary common hs to keep inventory levels where needed.

• I believe that would definitely help yes assuming the hack rates of other items were not messed around with too much at the same time.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Just use the QCs so you can have enough resonators you want.

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

Actually, you do.

Such equipment is necessary for agents 1-7lvl :)

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Why stop at L4 resonators? Why should I hack P5s to get R5s, hack P6s to get R6s, or hack P7s to get R7s? Why shouldn't you just get all the resonators you want without making an effort? I should point out that there's also no obligation to fully deploy portals. You don't need R4s at all... I currently have precisely zero in my inventory, and only nine R5s.