New accepted portals are not syncing to Ingress Prime

Since July 28th or so it seems new accepted portals are not syncing to Ingress. I’ve had this happen with two accepted nominations so far, and several agents from our local communities (Finland) have also observed this with their accepted portal nominations.

54 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• I have the same

• I have a wayspot accepted and it appears in Pokémon Go as a gym but not as portal in Ingress 🥺

• StultuszStultusz ✭✭✭

Had the same issue with at least 3 portals accepted during the weekend.

No sync into ingress and not within 20 meters of another portal.

Newly accepted portals after the weekend are okay, it seems.

• I had a portal approved 7/31 and it's in Ingress as of today, probably appeared yesterday at 6pm eastern as usual. It wouldn't make it to PoGo so I don't know if that matters or not.

• Approvals before Friday July 29 and since Monday August 1 have synced normally. I only had a location edit approved in the between time. The move created a gym in Pokemon Go, but the Portal has not moved on the Ingress game board yet. The weekend approvals need to be synced in.

• I've had several portals not sync into Ingress dating from Friday 29th and Saturday 30th, however my accepts from Sunday HAVE synced in, it seems to have happened whilst Ingress sync was switched off* during the anomaly weekend.

* is all speculation, there's never any communication from Niantic about how/when/if sync works correctly, but sync always seems to just magically stop during big in-game event, the same happens to pogo during gofest weekend, that game sync just routinely stops, again with no official communication.

• I can also say this. Several portals (roughly about 18) approved either on the 29th or the 30th July don't appear in Ingress, but several of them is in Pokemon GO.

• I have the same issue, with several waypoints approved over the weekend not syncing to Ingess.

• A number of Wayspots which I moved to the correct location via the Wayfarer Help Chat over the weekend did not have their locations update in Ingress.

Example: “Horse Riding Along The River Mosaic” was moved to the correct location over the weekend. It used to be at -32.036573, 115.856816. On the weekend I moved it to -32.0359970, 115.8555940 (correct location). The move has been reflected in Wayfarer and Pokémon Go, but not Ingress app or Intel map.

Newer location edits which I made in the days AFTER this ARE appearing in Ingress. However it appears that one or two days of changes became stuck in limbo and aren’t reflecting in the app.

• Also have the same issue with 2 portals that were approved on July 28th (9:19PM EST) and July 30th (2:07AM EST) not showing up in Ingress. However an approved portal on July 30th (11:30PM EST) is showing up in Ingress. These are all in stand alone cells that do not break any Ingress proximity rules.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping the sync of August 2nd would bring them live, but unfortunately they didn't.

One portal never got live (nothing near it, closest portal 500m away).

While other approved portals did go live for me in the last two days.

• Also have the same issue with 1 portal that was approved on July 30th (3:46PM CET).

• Same issues here:

My approval for "Kiwanis StoryWalk Station 7", located at 27.990231,-82.503035 was approved Sat, July 30, 11:29 AM EDT, and has not synced into Ingress.

I also had a removal request approved for "Dry Season Adaptation Nature Trail Sign" on Fri, July 29, 2022, 3:38 AM EDT, which has not properly synced out of Ingress. (This portal is a very misplaced duplicate of Dry Season Adaptation)

Screenshots below:

• I have somewhere between 40 & 50 outstanding approved Wayfinder POI's since between May 1st and August 1st 2022, which have not appeared in Ingress Prime. Strangely, I did have about 10 approvals from during the same time frame, show up in the game 2-3 days after the approval email.

• sunkastsunkast ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I too am still missing 2 portals that were accepted over the weekend. Nominations that have been accepted since have all appeared in Ingress however. Neither of these missing portals were within 20m of another portal.

• I have three portals and two name edits from last weekend that have not appeared. However, one newer approval has gone live since then. All are more than 20m and should have appeared in game.

• I also had a portal deleted during this time period (Friday 29th July), and despite being gone in other games and in the Wayfarer app, the removed portal is still live in Ingress.

https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=-31.938377,115.869469

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

I upvoted the photo on one of the ones missing on the Ingress side from within PoGo and it came live and gave me the 1k ap and key, unfortunately the others are too close to be stops in PoGo so can't do the same there

• What? Now we depend of POGO to bring portals live in Ingress. I mean, this happens with approved photos, they take months to appar in Ingress unless someone like them in POGO, so you don't have to wait that long.

• Portal changes made between 28th July and 30th July still do not appear in Ingress, including:

• New portals accepted
    • Portals with edits approved
    • Portals which were deleted

• To make matters even more complicated, you have to be level 38 to do anything with photos. I'm doubtful I'll play to that level, but I'm fortunate to have a good local community with several prominent pogo players. The workflow I have to follow is this:

- visit a POI in pogo (and hope it is not excluded from the game due to proximity rules!)

- Spin it to obtain a gift

- Send that gift to a friend

- ask them to upvote a photo on the gift

The major issue I'm having is that you have to revisit each POI in person in order to do this...

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

Yep. Few of mine approved on that weekend still haven't synced - a couple were in Ingress, but one was actually a PoGo submission.

• Bumping this up, still missing 6 new portals + 1 location edit from the 29th and 30th of July here. @NianticBrian @NianticThia any update here please?

Also Brian, on a similar kinda subject, how's your investigating of photo sync going that you told Dan here? https://twitter.com/danrobertson89/status/1521608273924956163

• Same here...one playground that should be more than 20m away to other portal. Wont show up since 29.7.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I had 4 portals approved in the last week but only 2 went live in ingress.

• jaaxtmpjaaxtmp ✭✭
    edited August 2022

What member of Niantic staff can we tag to check this post?

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

I also had an appealed POI get approved two days ago - but it’s not in Ingress (where it was originally submitted years ago), and I never got an email regarding the acceptance (but it says accepted in Wayfarer).

Anyone having this issue with appeals?

• If the portal was originally submitted with Redacted to old OPR (no 2nd photo etc.), in that case the e-mails don't work. However everything else should work, it's just the missing e-mails.

• Jochemp88Jochemp88 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I am having the same issues with newly approved portals not show up in Ingress. I submitted it in Ingress which obviously gives the idea I want it to be a portal rather than a PoGo thing. Hopefully this is a known issue with Niantic and they will look into it when they can.

Until then it's: Soon™