Missions are not approved randomly

1. Submit a banner consisting of 24 missions with title "Redact in Peace" and descriptions like "go down the street Saina and collect banner" in Russian or English languages.
  2. Receive approvals for all missions except for one with number 19 with the letter saying

Expected results:

All missions are approved or rejected with the same message

Actual results:

All missions ##1-18, 20-24 have been approved while mission number 19 keeps being rejected with the message:

"Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your Mission. Your Mission may have one or more of the following issues:

• A lack of a clear and informative description and/or title
  • Mission Image, description, and/or title are unrelated to the Waypoints chosen"

However the 19th mission is no different from 18th or 20th or 24th in essence so I consider it a bug.

What is more surprising for me is that you have already approved a lot of missions with the same image because it is open sourced.

Tagged:
3 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this happens, try change the route or portals ? sometimes if u re-use to many of existing this causes the mission to be denied... its really annoying

• TLemurTLemur ✭✭

I have tried to change: route, portals, and mission type. I even asked an agent from the opposite faction to submit it for me. No matter what this particular mission gets rejected. That's why I consider it a bug.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I think this is mission project art?

It would be nice if Niantic could preapprove mission project art, so every author that submits the same art doesn't need to go through this song and dance.

It looks like your art could be misconstrued as a letter, and there is a strictly enforced unwritten rule, that the art can not contain a single letter. I'd suggest editing that art. Almost any edit would fix it. Or use place holder art from one of the other missions that is already approved

Niantic should really

1. write down the rules
    2. not get letters confused with art. I've had issues with lines and crosses that are not letters. And Chinese letters.
    3. tell us what the issue is when rejecting. Not give a list of possible reasons. 1 reason.
    4. accept more missions. its very hard to get missions approved, so authors get discouraged and give up
  • tried this; declined

Tried editing the art; declined.

So could we please get a bit more upvotes on this thread?