[Discussion] Level 8 Weekend 2022

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings Agents,

From Friday, 5 August 1600 UTC to Tuesday, 9 August 1600 UTC, the Ingress Scanner is expected to exhibit the following behaviors:

• 2X AP on all actions
  • 2X deploy L8 Resonators
  • 8-minute Drone cooldown
  • 80AP for each successful Glyph
  • +888AP for each new All-Time Unique Portal Visit as indicated by the Visited layer on the Layers button

Also available during the event period in the Ingress Store:

• Free Level 8 Weekend Bundle (0 CMU; single redeem; for accounts with more than 1.2 million AP and older than 30 days)8 Hypercubes; 4 Resistance Fireworks; 4 Enlightened Fireworks
  • Ingress2x2 Bundle VR (10,000 CMU; for Agents with more than 40 million AP)2 Apex; 2 Very Rare Battle Beacon
  • Ingress2x2 Bundle R (7,500 CMU)2 Apex; 2 Rare Battle Beacon

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

— The Ingress Team

Comments

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I reading that right, 3500AP per deploy on unqiues with an apex running? Tempted to recurse just to give me something to do....

• I feel like a) giving out 2x R8 deployment is a slap in the face after rescinding 2x R7 deployment so recently to begin with and b) it feels entirely pointless having it without 2x R7 to go on top anyway.

Just a neither here nor there bonus.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

But this is the 3rd year in a row for an event with similar bonuses...

• MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

I have next to zero confidence that the current ghost fields issue will be resolved by the time this event starts. It has now been ongoing for two days with no resolution, nor communication.

From what I've seen it takes around 20 hours for ghost fields to disappear from the scanner. No good if you have large fields still standing, covering a wide area.

Those planning to throw field engines, waiting for fields to decay, or finding they don't go down when portals are taken out - are going to be somewhat frustrated.

The game could come to a complete stop in some areas.

Post edited by MJ78 on
  • MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Ive replied in the bug thread with an example. Hopefully they still read those 🤷‍♂️

Something has gone very wrong since the anomaly with numerous issues from wayspots not syncing, global scores not updating, defence counts not updating and these ghost fields.

Whilst it would be nice to visit a new area this weekend, this appears to be a upgrade farms and drone hack P8 event

• OK, am I the only one wondering why the Free Level 8 Weekend Bundle in the Ingress store doesn't include level 8 resonators? I mean it seems like the most logical thing to include. I am fine with the Hypercubes, but I would have rather had those resos than fireworks beacons this weekend.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

You aren't the only one. Would of thought that would of been a no brainer.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would they offer them for free when they'd hope you'd buy them instead? That seems like the real no-brainer from a company needing to make money to stay afloat....

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been watching numerous new accounts start playing in general in our area. But every time we have a double AP event, they run like bonkers. New green account out, levels to L8 and quits. Where they quit playing, a new blue account starts playing. Once they hit L8, a new green account starts playing. In the past I've reported them with nothing happening to the accounts. The new accounts are doing optimized fielding and glyphing as low level accounts. Then stop playing locally as soon as they hit L8. They sure seem like obvious backpacks/mules/multi accounts/SPOOFERS. But Niantic support doesn't seem to care about them.

@NianticBrian Do you do any sort of checks or any kind of honeypots during these type of events to check out how many new accounts are created and level up to L7 or L8 and then go inactive?