July - September 2022 Events Schedule: Superposition

We’re excited to announce event highlights for July, August, and September! Mark your calendars, Agents.

Details and more information regarding each individual event will be shared as the event date approaches.

Want to have a booth at the Superposition Munich Agent Marketplace in July to sell self-made Ingress items? Apply by 3 Julyhttps://forms.gle/GMvNSES1H6MPtB9W6

Want to have your location considered for hosting a Superposition Anomaly in August? Apply by 3 Julyhttps://forms.gle/iA2V4jDcATzuvguS8

July Events

2 July: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

10 July: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Event takes place from 00:00 to 23:59 LOCAL time
  • Complete any 6 unique Ingress Missions to increase your Second Sunday medal by 1 count

16-17 July: Restocking Weekend

• Portal Hacks will yield 2X amount of Portal Mods
  • Portal Hacks will yield 2X amount of Ultra Strikes
  • 2X AP on all actions from 17 Jul 14:00 to 16:00 local time

30-31 July: Superposition Anomaly - Primary Site: Munich, Germany

• Battle Beacon and City Shard battles in Munich on 30 July (Saturday)
  • NIA TKO Stealth Ops (hosted by GORUCK) on 29 July (Friday)
  • NIA TKO Urban Ops (hosted by GORUCK) on 30 July (Saturday)
  • Operation Clear Field (hosted by GORUCK) on 31 July (Sunday)
  • Operation Portal Recon LIVE; More details to be announced
  • Mission Day (in collaboration with local Agents) on 31 July (Sunday)
  • Cross-Faction after-event party on 30 Jul (Saturday); Expect: Agent Marketplace, stat games, food & beverage
  • Ticket information on after-Anomaly party, Stealth Ops, Urban Ops, OCF and OPR Live will be released in a separate announcement no later than 4 weeks before the event. Meanwhile, get in touch with your Faction community at Munich here:
  • The Superposition Anomaly medal will be awarded based on 10 NIA-deployed or Agent-deployed Battle Beacons interacted with during the event weekend, and Munich will be the only city in which NIA deploys Rare Battle Beacons this weekend.

August Events

6 August: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

5-9 August: Level 8 Day

• 2X AP on all actions
  • 2X deploy L8 Resonators
  • Drone cooldown reduced to 8 mins
  • Each successful Glyph earns 80 AP
  • Each all-time unique Portal visit earns 80 AP

14 August: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

• Complete any 6 unique Ingress Missions to increase your Second Sunday medal by 1 count

20-21 August: Restocking Weekend

• Portal Hacks will yield 2X amount of Resonators
  • Portal Hacks will yield 2X amount of XMP Bursters
  • 2X AP on all actions from 20 Aug 14:00 to 16:00 local time

27-28 August: Superposition Anomaly - 10 Impact Zones

• Battle Beacon and City Shard battles in 10 Impact Zones on 28 August (Sunday)
  • The Superposition Anomaly medal will be awarded based on the number of Battle Beacons interacted during the event weekend while the 10 selected Impact Zones will be the only cities in which NIA deploys Rare Battle Beacons this weekend.
  • If you have both an Enlightened and Resistance point of contact and are interested in hosting a Superposition Anomaly, apply for consideration by 3 July at https://forms.gle/iA2V4jDcATzuvguS8

September Events

3 September: First Saturday (#IngressFS)

11 September: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

15-26 September: Ingress Peace Week

• Kinetic energy distance for Very Rare Heat Sink reduced from 8km to 4km
  • Links shorter than 8km in length can be created under Fields
  • Portal Hacks will yield more Portal Keys
  • Drone cooldown reduced to 8 mins
  • New Glyph Sequences
  • A single-tier Bronze medal will be awarded to Agents participating in this investigation. The winning Faction of Superposition Anomaly will earn an additional 25% bonus to the related metric.

Reverting Temporary Changes

Effective 30 June, maximum number of Level 7 Resonators deployed per Portal by Level 7+ Agents returns to its original 1 deploy count, down from 2 deploys per Portal.

Each quarter, we will evaluate the following temporary changes added in early 2020 to determine their impacts on gameplay while considering real world circumstances:

• Portal cooldown between hacks to be adjusted up from 90 seconds
  • AP bonus for Capturing a Portal to be adjusted down to 500 AP from 675 AP (added in 2022)

Agents will be given at least two weeks' notice of planned changes made to the temporary changes above.

On First Saturday Event Style

FevGames is working on a First Saturday event proposal that will allow First Saturday organizers two event styles to choose from - onsite vs online. They are ironing out all the details and hope to announce details in the next few months.

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check https://ingress.com/news.

— The Ingress Team

---

Comments

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭

"Each quarter, we will evaluate the following temporary changes added in early 2020 to determine their impacts on gameplay while considering real world circumstances:"

Yeah, how about applying that way of thinking to anomalies?

• I know each agent in my community absolutely loves the current cooldown. I also know people who would be very much drawn away from Ingress if the change reverts. I understand the game is supposed to be majorly tactical, so a longer cooldown makes sense for planning and the like to feel like a bigger lead-up to the eventual success or failure of whatever the agent(s) were farming for. However, I think a lot of people joined Ingress during this time where the cooldown for portals has been reduced. A lot of casual players like the game as-is now, and would be encouraged to put the game down if many things are made more difficult/time consuming.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel for the agents that want things to be more of a challenge. But what's stopping them from going bigger in the future because of the current cooldown?

Ingress has changed, as all things do. Though I believe Niantic would benefit from keeping their focus on cheating, not reverting the game to keep the long time agents happy. (I bet they're mostly unhappy because of the cheaters, not the changes made as a result of the pandemic.)

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

So no window on Superposition to summon BBs with scan?

• 10 July: Second Sunday (#Ingress2S)

I did my 6 missions for today and did not get an increase in count. Is this a bug? I remember last July there were issues with the mission day and people getting there count increased.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Need more information what does your week stats say??

• Good question.

Weekly stats:

Missions: Unique Missions Completed 6

Second Sunday Events 0

I did the 6 missions between 10:45 and noon on Sunday.

• What a mess. This information is buried I the forums and this anomaly had to be one of the most poorly executed and least hyped anomalies yet.

• Can we get some details on Level 8 day??? It's 3 days away - what time does it start and end?