What is Myriad?

Let's see if we can come up with any ideas of what Myriad is and how it relates to Nemesis.

I'm hoping Myriad might end up being a new exogenous civilization. My theory is that after the anomaly several shards will appear ala the ExoPre that just move about sowing chaos where ever they land and maybe in the form of red portals.

Nemesis are the allies of the Myriad much like the Enlightened are the allies of the shapers and the Resistance are allies of the N'Zeer.

Tagged:

Comments

• ThaldeonThaldeon ✭✭✭

So, in your opinion, Nemesis is the third faction?

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

Yes and no. In game lore, maybe yes since they made a recruiting drive during the Abaddon. Out of lore, ideally they would be a third faction (most likely NPC group) so that they could be fought during the anomalies rather then having the ENL and RES clobber each other's portals and magically defeat them as a by-product.

However, since [Redacted] is still functional, Nemesis will not be a third faction since that scanner doesn't how to handle Nemesis. If anything based on the current build of Prime if Nemesis's presence is felt they might in the the form of Shards or Red XM.

• Maybe Nemisis has ties to Hulong and Dark XM.

• Myriad is a collective, perhaps managed by a Tecthulu, and nemesis is the universe it hails from.

• Diso86Diso86 ✭✭

Very good ;)

• Lately it seems it's a myriad of killings.

• Hmm. RES are not in general allies of the N'Zeer - only some are. Also, my recollection is that in the transcript involving Myriad and Umbra, Myriad is (despite the implications of the name) a single individual. (Perhaps it's one individual with instances that span several universes. "I am large - I contain multitudes.") In any event, Myriad doesn't seem to be a civilization. It sounds to me like Nemesis is the name of whatever group is attempting to eliminate XM access from Prime (and other universes), with Myriad and Umbra being members/agents of Nemesis. Their purposes are unclear, although - given that they seem to use dark XM themselves - it would seem that they are interested in keeping others from using XM so that they have sole control of it. Their propaganda is based on the idea that they are eliminating persons who were dabbling in matters above their proverbial pay grades, but whether they actually believe that themselves is open to question.

Interestingly, I haven't seen anything to suggest that they have access to the 1218 universe at this point; I don't even know if they are aware of it. Since there has been at least some contact from 1218 to Prime, that could be an avenue through which aid might be obtained against Nemesis. A good reason to keep using Redacted as long as possible, perhaps! :-)

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently gone, that's what