Game Latency / Lag is back in a BIG way

Game latency never really went away, but it became manageable or a period of time. HOWEVER, over the last couple of weeks, latency has made gameplay pretty unenjoyable. All the usual symptoms:

• Stuck deploying
  • Stuck hacking
  • Stuck linking
  • Stuck installing mod

And now a few more:

• Full list of link opportunities don't show up when link is selected
  • Portals simply don't show on the map, yet show the links and fields hanging off them.
  • Random ghost links and fields appear in the scanner that cross other fields and links.

This is also pretty unfair to anyone who has used a paid item like an Apex as Agents can't use them in the way they're intended to be used because the game is defective.

None the less, Lag is back in a BIG f*&%ing way and I would love for Niantic to actually address the issue as opposed to whatever they've done in the past

Tagged:
8 votes

Resolved · Last Updated

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I've never really noticed the decrease, I played a lot less, sure; but whilst walking I frequently can only capture one of the many portals, because I won't wait until the lag is over.

So I capture one or two, and then just close the scanner due to lag.

In any case, this is going to be a massive issue with the upcoming anomaly, since they bothered to do absolutely nothing about it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

the latency has not been solved, i experience daily lag on deployin resonators mostly. very frustrating and this weekend its the anomaly in germany....

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I have even had latency while interacting with capsules. And a lot of scanner communication errors when using drone (recall/move).

Even Intel is sluggish now. I fear for the people onsite in Germany this weekend.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

It also allows you to frequently be able to pick up more capsules / items than you should be able to. It's fairly easy to repeat. I've only done it using Mobile data. I'm guessing it would be even easier to do on Wi-Fi.

Just repeated it yet again. I've previously reported it somewhere else on the forums.

• We're aware and we're actively working on testing possible fixes or mitigations. Thank you for your patience.

• It's been a known issue for quite some time. What advice do you have for agents who are unable to use paid items in the way they are intended to be used (such as APEX) due to this known, acknowledged and long-standing issue with basic functionality of the game?

• If you paid for an item and you could not use it, for example you activated an Apex and it failed to grant double AP for 30 minutes, then please report this bug to our support team and request a refund so we can investigate further.

• This should now be patched or mitigated, specifically the OP's report about the increased lag or latency "over the last couple of weeks." Please note that this does not fix all of the lag or latency issues, but it does address some of the issues that we identified and were able to root cause.

• Latency is back:

under IOS with 4G connect, the version 2.96-2 stuck´s now also in home screen

, position in map is not updated for around 90-120 sec.

you cannot do anything in this Time ( only restart app).

• Sorry to be so blunt, @NianticBrian, but I can't possibly believe that this is true. There has been no difference in game latency. In fact it might have gotten worse since your comment. Again, wasting Apex boosts just standing around waiting for the game to perform the action you requested as the timer counts down.

As you have stated, I had indeed raised a bug to the support team on the 19th of July well before raising it here in the forums. So far, nothing. How long should we be expected to wait?