[Discussion] Ingress 2.96.2 Release Notes

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Audio AR and Head Tracking

• Added Audio AR and head tracking for Sony’s LinkBuds Series. With Sony's LinkBuds or LinkBuds S connected via Bluetooth and head tracking enabled, when you turn your head to the left or right, your Agent Avatar will also turn to the left or right. You can leave your Scanner in your pocket in Battery Saver Mode and hear where Portals are located near you, giving you more spatial awareness of your surroundings.
  • Reduced Charge and Charge All volume.
  • Increased Portal sounds distance.

Bug Fixes and Other Improvements

• Added item counts to Kinetic Capsule Programs so Agents can see the number of items that will be generated after completing a Program.
  • Fixed an issue affecting some Agents when using Sign in with Google.
  • Fixed Agent Stats output from the Agent Profile not to use localization.
  • Fixed Dynamic Links not to use localization, which caused some dynamic links to fail.
  • Fixed flashed Simulacrum medal after earning a new achievement medal.
  • Added optional bundles that can be purchased with CMU to the Attack and Deploy carousels.
  • Fixed overlapping text for time-limited Loadouts in the Store.

Please note that on Android, Agents will receive version 2.96.2 and on iOS, Agents will receive version 2.96.1.

— The Ingress Team 🤍

Comments

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭

That's cool about leaving your phone in your pocket on battery saver mode... but I'm not buying Sony Linkbuds. I love my Shokz bone-conducting headphones that don't mess with my ear canal!

'Bout time with the recharge volume.

I see where it'd be helpful to know how many items are coming out of your kinetic capsule, if you're approaching capacity.

Agent Stats... localization... is that talking about language? Keeping everything in English?

I don't follow what they're saying about the Simulacrum (recursed) badge.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Agent Stats... localization... is that talking about language? Keeping everything in English?

When playing in certain languages, Ingress copied some links and the agent stats with a , (comma) instead of a . (dot). This broke the links and utilities that used the agent stat output.

I don't follow what they're saying about the Simulacrum (recursed) badge.

When you earn a new medal or tier, you get that shiny pop up that says "Medal gained: X" with the image of said medal. If the image isn't yet downloaded into the cache though, the medal was instead shortly shown as the Simulacrum medal until the scanner downloaded the correct image (which didn't take longer than a second, normally).

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Edit: I didn't even type a message and bumped Send with my thumb. Why are blank messages allowed to send???

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone test if this works on anything other than Sony's LinkBuds? I wanna see what choice I have regarding buds.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

* Added optional bundles that can be purchased with CMU to the Attack and Deploy carousels

So now not only for new players but for all? And this "feature" can't be turned off?

About linkbuds and "audio-direction"...interesting.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

well as they partner with sony it makes sense its exclusive to them for now

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.

Though would really need the lag to be sorted, and fix the UI breaking every 10 minutes

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. The tentative fix for the lag is already 4 patches ago and didn’t work. The kinetic capsule issues are increasing although they stated they fixed it.

meh. Another useless update

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll then wait till it becomes available on other buds with spatial audio.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t get it to work on iOS. I have airdpods pro, and spatial audio setup; but I guess it’s for the 2% of all players that actually have those Sony earbuds.

Anyways, sounds back off; immersion breaks when audio keeps telling me “resonator deployed” when you just open a portal view.

I mean if the correct sounds aren’t even played after 3 years, what’s the point?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have, yes, working right now with my Galaxy Buds Pro and Ingress 2.95

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just updated to 2.96 and spacial audio is still working on my Galaxy Buds Pro 👍

Ahh, do you mean the portal sounds repositioning when you turn your phone? Misunderstood you in that case. Yes, that is available to all headphones, regardless if its Sony or not. However, specifically the Head Tracking is only available for LinkBuds. With those, Ingress doesn't take the rotation of your phone, but your head into account wgen repositioning the sounds.

don't know why I thought that that's spatial audio 🙈

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how you did it but you wanted to blame Niantic for something that clearly is being tested on Sony devices...

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, the orientation of your head, and device

I don't have Sony link buds, but everything that is mentioned that the new update is supposed to be specifically for those headphones, for me, appears to working with the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro.

/shrugs

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

what? Spatial audio is not a Sony feature and is supported on AirPods on iOS.

It’s like enabling taking photo’s for Samsung phones.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I wonder if you could please capture a vid with media sounds to show how this works? How you turn your head and sounds change? I can kinda imagine but I'm not sure.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately you can't, already tried, it is very difficult to get across over a video how the spacial audio works.

I may try again today