Level 16 agent blocked from recharging his local portals due to CAL level?

NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in General

This seems like something in beta testing, @NianticBrian This is pretty critical to look at...

To be clear this isn't me in the screenshot, its another agent. He is also the agent on the portal that deployed it and linked out several times.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

This is seemingly a new feature that was enabled about 8 hours ago and which seems to be intended. A new support page for it went up that goes into a little bit more detail:

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

Oh, Niantic, thank you, that's a great idea!!! :)

And where can I submit a list of special portals that would be very good to include in CAL? :)

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

@Nysyr which is the distance to the portal? Are the portals strategic (spoofed several times per week / month?) Or they are less valuable portals?

• LynoocsLynoocs ✭✭✭

wow, this means spoofing is now officially allowed on non-CAL portals. GOOD FUNNING JOB NIANTIC

• M42M42 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Must be a bug, or why would these agent's local portals be protected by CAL? I thought just strategic (likely to be spoofed) portals would be protected.

Before you start the operation, you can check the possibility of interaction with the portal, for example by hacking it. I would even say that even without CAL, you should always do this before you start, to rule out in advance the moment of a hung network or a hung application. 

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭

That won't work for far away portals. I've created fields over whole Europe (or parts of it) and linked from portals I've never been to before. If that doesn't work anymore the consequence will be no such fields anymore.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Yeah. Worried about it especially for charter flight type ops etc.

It has pros and cons.

Might stop some things being repeatedly spoofed.

So the ability to make an inbound link to such a portal for an agent without the proper level of access is also disabled?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope we will able to see our own CAT lvl, would suck if agents plan some operation and will get blocked for low lvl cat....

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Emmm, I might be reading it wrong, but would that not mean that portals that are restricted and only accessible by one agent who works there and the rare occasion someone else managed to get in, now is literally only allowed for that one agent and anyone who managed to get to it (other than I assume destroy it) can't do anything woth it? Seems horrible

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amd let's add to this, say pita portals get this cal protection, does that mean that if I've not visited because of physical limitations (be it health, fitness, monetary) I can't ever use it even on planned ops? That seems so unfairly restrictive

• Jajaaa niantic siempre castigando a los que juegan de manera legal. Osea que para niantic si un jugador legal que hace mucho tiempo no juega y ahora vuelve a jugar va a tener que someterse a ser investigado! Osea para niantic es un tramposo . Mejor niantic dedíquese a no estafar a los que pagamos por jugar . Niantic nos estafa, permitiendo jugar libremente a los spoofers. Arreglen lo malo primero. Es su obligación.

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

Will Munich portals be CAL protected during Superposition?

I hope not...

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

How much MU is coming off the portal they couldn't charge?

From https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/3-ingress/faq/2819-what-is-compartmental-access-level-cal-1658338731/?han=1

The CAL system will only trigger for some Portals and only for Agents with insufficient access. While these Agents will not be able to interact with CAL-protected Portals, they will continue to be able to interact with other Portals without restrictions. Portals under CAL-protection are known strategic Portals used in past Agent operations, as well as a dynamic list of Portals based on XM and Portal Network fluctuations.

Regular gameplay activity may increase your Conditional Access Level over time and grant access to CAL-protected Portals.

Looks to me like it's trying to prevent pocket accounts from holding keys and cubes, to recharge only. And spoofing to take out anchors.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I always question when people share other people's screenshots and not their own. Could be legit sure but could be working as intended too. So far I haven't seen an issue yet for myself.

• spicyheartspicyheart ✭✭✭

what is portals based on xm and portal network fluctations?

also, does that make casual or semi-retired agents lose cal level the longer they are inactive?

covid made a lot of agents inactive

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

A good question as I’ve been playing less and less, but I travel a bit for work and leisure. Gonna be frustrating visiting a new town and getting stuck with a screen like above…

• SnowXTCSnowXTC ✭✭✭

Hmmmm, pay $5000 for a group of enlightened players to go to Thorofare with multiple bgans, travel total is 3 days once you are in the park, only to not be able to take the portal owned by a perma banned player who spoofed it and spoofed the keys. This sounds totally legit and an awesome way to play. Time to cancel that reservation.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

On the flip side, large field is thrown, and you are able to find a retired agent from nearby to go take down the anchors. Only they get blocked by CAL because they haven't been active in years, but they are a L16 agent?