Let's talk about new voice acting.

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Today, many of us received a new version of the scanner. Here the sound has changed. New effects have appeared, some old ones have been removed. Here is an example of an old voice acting.

And here is an example of a new one.

That sound, woo, woo, woo, that sounds like the sound of a broken computer fan, what is he doing here? such low-frequency vibrations are annoying and they are not understandable from the point of view of everything that is possible, the plot of the game, the design of portals, and so on.

Of the pluses, it should be noted that the voice acting has become in stereo, which is wonderful. But the sound set itself is poor and monotonous. Again voices from portals. Enlightenment faction level 2 portal. From a portal somewhere, far away, the sound of crying Roland Jarvis is heard. From the blue portal of the same level comes the buzzing sound that I provided above.

While I was walking, I did not notice the difference in the voice acting of the blue, green fields. What's new in this voiceover?

And in general, what would you like to change in the soundtrack? maybe add a built-in audio player? Or something else?

I will add from myself. In one horror movie, I saw how some entities tried to whisper certain commands to a person with their voices, driving him to madness. A sort of demons trying to crawl into his head. And why in our game are the same messages constantly heard from Jarvis and ADA, but not heard from shapers and their rivals asking to let them into our world? The voices of exogenous beings would be much more atmospheric than the voices of our faction leaders.

Tagged:

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The voices in the portals adds a lot of ambience to the game which I really enjoy.

The background hum is lovely in stereo now.

Haven't explored the new sounds much yet, perhaps after work today

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

New voice acting? Yeah. I’m not sure that I like Zack’s new voice yet but I’m sure it’ll grow on me.

Oh, Ingress? I haven’t paid attention closely to the new sounds.

• Just so we're clear, the following video is from an audio file from the 1.x Ingress Client: