Ingress 2.94.1 Release Notes

InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

What's New

• Updated Enlightened, Resistance, and neutral Portal audio and added ADA and Jarvis messages at Level 8 Portals.
  • Updated Niantic Social to Campfire, including new messages from K.
  • To make it easier to adjust your Sound & Vibration settings, we re-ordered the Settings menu to place more frequently accessed menu options at the top.
  • We're moving back to more frequent releases, and we're targeting our next app update by mid-July.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Portals no longer emit a continuous static sound effect.
  • Fixed: Portal audio is emitted from the Portal core instead of from each Resonator.
  • Fixed: Portal audio is audible when you’re within approximate line of sight to the Portal.
  • Fixed: Fixed delayed Epoch medal awards.

— The Ingress Team 🤍

Comments

• Shooters42Shooters42 ✭✭✭

Fix lag

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

You have audioassets,wow.How about "sfx_notify.ogg", still unused?

Speaking about garbage:

1) This release is 260mb comparing to previous it is more massive.2) While launching now i can see unity emblem on both redmi 9 4/64 and my current junk so i think this release is more ram-loading. 3) Why ARCore unsupported device with 2 gb ram(!) should ask for ARCore services installation on app start?

3.1) if i install AR services,this phone won't even open map on Ingress,just checked,FC

3.2) but if services are not installed i can see from 5 to 7 popups that AR services are required during startup.

Post edited by DSktr on
  • HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who had sounds turned on with the new release despite having them all off in the app? The sound went away when I checked my settings. (Note: I switched to a new phone in the last couple of days but sounds were all turned off already.)

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

No,not the only one,sound turns ON each app start now even if it is disabled in settings,so now we all can hear what did they changed in this release:))))

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Well, I haven't played with sounds on since the release of Prime. Because why play with sounds when the sounds are useless? You click an uncaptured portal and the sound says 'Resonator deployed'. Or you come past a portal under field and it says, 'link possible'. I guess that last one is finally true.

It also always bothered me why Ingress messes with audio, even bluetooth audio if everything is turned off. Once you switch to the game all other audio stops playing, including carplay etc. So annoying.

Great, you telling me that it is auto-on? Haha, it's going to reset every startup isn't it, because that is the level of Q&A that goes into a release that is 60 days in the making and doesn't really contain any useful fixes. SMH.

Edit: Doesn't seem like it's auto-enabling on iOS.

Hahaha, unbelievable.

They added 'Sony Linkbuds recommended' or something at the start, why?

Post edited by Jo0Lz on
  • GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

What's New

• Updated Enlightened, Resistance, and neutral Portal audio and added ADA and Jarvis messages at Level 8 Portals.

Updating audio files 1- well, a maximum of 2 days.

• Updated Niantic Social to Campfire, including new messages from K.

An update to a new sub-social network that will feature story posts. Nightmare. do we not have videos with amazing acting??? And in general, why do we need an underdeveloped social network inside the game ???

• To make it easier to adjust your Sound & Vibration settings, we re-ordered the Settings menu to place more frequently accessed menu options at the top.

We go further. How long does it take to swap several items on the menu? 3-4 hours max.

• We're moving back to more frequent releases, and we're targeting our next app update by mid-July.

We don't believe in it.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Portals no longer emit a continuous static sound effect.
    • Fixed: Portal audio is emitted from the Portal core instead of from each Resonator.
    • Fixed: Portal audio is audible when you’re within approximate line of sight to the Portal.

Can an incomprehensible set, a monotonous, annoying cacophony of repetitive noises be called sound? I do not know a single agent from my environment who would play with the sound turned on. This bedlam is impossible to listen to. Even in the old scanner everything was nicer.

ANOTHER!!! The same messages from the portals infuriate. When I hear Jarvis howl 100,500 times, I want to turn off the sound as soon as possible.

By the way, why is there no corresponding topic in the release news section? @NianticBrian Are you afraid of angry comments for what we see in last update?

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for trying new things, changing the way we play these games, but it's frustrating so much time is spent on stuff like this (seemingly), but other outstanding issues lay by the wayside or mostly abandoned....

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Two times per this day "Unable to load Agent profile" on my junk(2 ram and unisoc cpu)and both with WLAN,previous build gave that error only one time due to weak 3G connection.Reboot and app data clean helps.

Seems this build really uses way more cpu/ram. Hope new build (2.94.2?who knows) will work at least not worst than this.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Maybe they make this update to make more bugfixes later???))). He-he-he)))

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

As someone who played with headphones and audio on, it seems that the audio channel lags behind in the current update from what actions are being done. Menu sounds feel like ~300ms behind, like being on a phone call with someone in Australia from North America

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

Just updated and found something I like a lot. I choose not to use the social function (now named Campfire). And it has always annoyed me that I could not get the reminder off my profile or turn off the really annoying red dot reminder on the options screen. With the update I went to the first screen of Campfire and then used the back button at the top of the screen to return to Ingress. And now the reminder is gone and the red dot is no longer there. Have powered down my phone and restarted twice and it has not come back. I'm happy with this change!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah why isnt the latest version posted in release notes ?

• Same reason there was never a Kythera Phase 3 post by @NianticOfficial. Apparent abandonment.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'm expecting them to drop the forums for the campfire. Hahaha.

Anyway, they are going backwards. It's crazy; we all got our hopes up with CORE announcement and the promised improvements, but we're going the other way. :( #sadpanda

• ChamyraChamyra ✭✭✭

Quick question: Why is this thread even in General and not in Release Notes where it belongs to? -.-

What's the use to even have categories then?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Because only Niantic can post into the Release Notes category. We lowly agents have to make due with General.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the update, the volume is all on when the game starts, I need to go to the settings, but the settings are all set to off its weird

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're grabbing the apk it's always that big because there are two parts to it. The store updates a partition of it.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I just wonder how these things slip past Q&A. I mean, they changed the sounds, so the things you would check are sound related. They changed the settings, so check the settings. They changed settings sound related, well then at least check that! xD

Also wondering how any beta/early testers missed this. Now we need another hotfix.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Also wondering how any beta/early testers missed this.

I'd bet that they didn't and reported it, but Niantic just went "lalala can't hear you" lol

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

They had enough time to test it you'd think ;)

I any case, I don't really care anymore. I hardly play at the moment because of the 'scanner communication error' and the visibility at the moment. Add to that the fact that I have to wait for decay just to capture some portals, and I'm at the point where I forget about the game. Lucky to have my sojourner, even forgot my guardian.

I see a lot of the same happening to other players. I've had the feeling before Ingress was dying, but it's so obvious now it kind of hurts. All the while there is no fix in sight; no root cause identified for the latency issues. 18 months of wrong time display etc. Meh.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

And about audio,now remote recharging is TOO loud. Usually i open scanner to defend smth,and after few annoying "please install arcore" messages there's no time to go to settings,so i've noticed that. I think volume of charge is so loud because portal is centered (distance to audio = 0m) when viewed. I hear that ada whispers about resonator recharged but main charge asset now sounds like a blast.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

APK was 165mb now 265mb.

Split market update for me was 49mb now 130+-mb.

App was using >220mb now >450 mb.

Kinda big app now.

Haven't observed RAM usage with ARCore installed or uninstalled,but from what i see - now it is more too.

So i'm curious what will be new system requirements,if on 2gb with installed arcore app keeps closing approximately on spinning planet.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha holy cow. Just recharged, you’re right, really load sounds.