Improvement to Ingress Missions

What kind of improvements do you all want to see re: your Ingress mission experience?

Tagged:

Comments

• CamsEyesCamsEyes ✭✭✭

Great idea !

Here some idea for mission experience improvement.

1/ Mission authoring site improvement!

Having the possibility to sort already submitted missions by name (alphabetical order).

2/ Mission feedback or warning

Having the possibility to do a usefull feedback to the owner of the mission or to do a warning that all agents can see.

e.g. "Warning: portals can't be access by night".

In same type of idea : having the possibility to suggest an edit of an existing mission. This is a big problem of old missions created by players that cannot edit their mission because they don't play anymore or have deleted their accounts.

3/ Improve mission review !

Indeed, nearly all agents that regularly submitted mission have the feeling of a random reject of some missions.

4/ Allowing agents to create more missions.

It's always a shame to have to delete a banner that some people didn't do (and wanted to) in order to submit another one.

Maybe restrict this possibility to recursed agents or agents with great feedback on their missions?

5/ Having the possibility to add supplementary informations when submitting a mission.

Indeed, some artist gave rights to an agents to submit a mission using their artwork. Niantic only see that the artwork is copyrighted but it's impossible to share the information of artists consent for using his artwork for Ingress.

• I really like the idea @MadKecleon brought up with increasing the amount of missions someone can create.

I specifically like to create XFac-friendly banner missions in underserved locations, such as small towns.

Right now, I'm afraid to make too many missions because I'm afraid of running up to the limit of mission slots, and I hate the idea of having to delete a mission for more room - especially since my banner missions may be the only banner mission available in that area.

Maybe offering more mission creation slots could be a benefit of recursion?

I also agree with having more details on why a mission was rejected. This is a great opportunity to provide constructive feedback and to ensure that Agents submit better quality missions in their next submission attempt.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Any at this point because it hasn't been touched since its launch in 2014.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct, another project introduced and then largely left untouched. This seems to be the Niantic way. He||, even these forums and seeing the dark mode fully completed wasn't possible, lol. We get 50% dark mode, just enough dark mode to let your eyes adjust and then just enough white text boxes to really blast your eyes to wake back up...

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Somehow implement item rewards, could be based on mission distance, number of portals etc.

Support banners.

Overhaul mission creator.

Grandfather in missions. Some missions are considered a staple in an area, every visitor just has to do it. Being able to grandfather the missions in, where the creator sort of gives up the mission rights for it to be a permanent fixture (and gain the number of used missions back). They can no longer change the title, photo, description, delete, and limited in how much they can modify it (based on portal network changing) so it's still in the same area. Ability to grandfather would be based on how many people have done the missions (would need to be a lot, also based on general number of active agents in the cell) and how long it has been live.

Some areas have old mission where the creator is long gone, being able to fix them would be useful.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I agree with the 1-3 wholeheartedly, rewards (even if small) based on the complexity of the mission would be great!

• ChamyraChamyra ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Reminds me of my thread about a banner where flowers arranged in the form of an uterus were declined as defamatory. I wonder if that would happen as well, if I'd make a heart out of flowers or a lung.

That's all so pretentious -.-

Makes women feel like second class.

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭

Put the mission filter on the Intel map!

I visit several heavily-missioned cities again and again, and want to plan missions into my trips. I need to filter the Intel map ahead of time, to see what missions I have NOT done.

It's nuts to only have the filter only on the scanner - only when you're physically within 7k of the start of missions. So everything has to be spur-of-the-moment, which just doesn't fit many trips, situations, or personalities. Niantic should WANT to be included on our vacations, even when we return to the same place. Like, for visiting parents in assisted living. You need to blow off steam after.

• royalravenroyalraven ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Separate the banners from singles. Drives me nuts if I somehow do a banner mission because its near the top of the list and looked like a single mission. Not everyone follows a proper naming convention or sometimes they stick the mission numbering in the description, which I admit I have not always read 100% when on-site.

I also do a ton of planning pre-trip. LET ME ZOOM OUT AND FIND MISSIONS! I tend to do less missions due to how hard Intel has become to use. It has progressively been getting harder to plan. If I need to zoom out to analyze the map and route, it drops the mission from view, so very discouraging. I love doing single missions, so I'm not always seeking out banners. Was great when I could look up solo missions in Ingress Mosaik or by agent (as agents who are good at making missions tend to have many - I want to seek those out!)