Portal Scanning - Error messages, missing scans in settings, and missing scan option in portal views

GhazrinGhazrin ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Report a Bug

I've been stockpiling portal scans with the plan to upload them all at once with Apex active during the 2 hour double AP window on 17 July 2022. I currently have approximately 1200 scans saved, totaling just over 28GB. Everything has been going fine until tonight. Now, every time I scan a portal and click upload later, I get the error message, "Submission Failed. Please try again later." I searched the forums and found that this used to be a known issue but it looks like it was resolved back in 2020, so I'm not sure why I'm running into this problem now. Is there an unpublished limit to the number or size of uploads you're allowed to store for future upload? My phone still has over 30GB of available internal storage, so that shouldn't be the problem. I was hoping to have 2500 scans ready to go for the July 17th 2x AP window, but this is putting a real damper on that plan 🫤

Post edited by Ghazrin on
4 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Portal scan functionality disappeared from my app tonight. Is something going on?

• I just logged back into the scanner and saw this too! I thought it was just me, and those 1200 scans I've been saving up we're just gone! I'm kinda freaking out about it! Weeks of work. And not just 1200 scans of the same couple portals. I was researching and traveling to earn Scout Controller on as many as I could! OMG, Niantic, PLEASE tell me my saved scans are safe!!!!!!

• Same issue, no buttons to scan a portal, no section for portal scanning in the settings menu and the nominations button is missing as well.

• My scans are also missing, as is my "Nominations" button.

• Yes, my nomination button is also missing, and portals no longer even have a scan option

• Nomination Button also not appearing for me either.

• Same thing happened to me. I only had around 70 saved but most of those were going to be the 7th scan on portals for which I have already uploaded 6. There were a few I was still uploading the first 6 on and they all started failing.

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

Scan Portal button is gone from mine. Whole section in settings is gone. Edit portal three dot menu is gone. Was out on a walk just to do scans and while troubleshooting I cleared local data as a last resort. So all mine are probably gone, and it still didn't fix it.

• It’s back! And all my saved scans are still there. I can upload again. Yay!

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

Mine is also back now. All pending scans are gone, but I expected as much since I cleared local cache and storage to troubleshoot earlier.

• Everything seems back to normal now, and my 1,207 scans are back and pending upload! Back to work stockpiling for the 17th! 😁

Would love to know what the issue was