Weekly FITREP report usefulness

iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

We have had the FITREP report introduced end of january 2022 https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/18080/ingress-2-89-1-release-notes/p1

As of today this is not more than an overview of the amount of kilometers walked in the last week. It even shows tiers that are no linked to anything. I get that it is hard to balance whatever rewards you might get for it, as how adventure sync can still be easily fooled.

However, I do believe there is more use for this screen in Ingress regardless of rewards. If this screen provides you the following achievements of last week:

• Overview of any badge-ups that you received
  • Adventure stats, e.g., new portals visited/captured
  • Notable stats, e.g., resonators deployed, destroyed etc (could be random or related to the badge that is closest to a new tier).
  • Interesting portals visited, possible player selected from a list of visited portals in the last week. To not end up with a huge list to choose from it should be pre-selected smartly.

Additionally, these reports could be placed in a timeline (similar to what Pikmin is doing, although I believe daily is too much, weekly is fine).

Let me know your thoughts on this :)

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont pay attention to this since we dont get anything like in pogo based on how much we walked each week so question is will we get some rewards on this or no ?

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I find it pretty pointless just now. I'm thinking they might have gear dropped at each point, probably rare gear, 50 levelled busters and something vr when you make 50km

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

It needs to be fleshed out for sure.

Rewards based on the tiers shown (8, 24, 56km)

Stat recaps (a top 3 of the most improved stats from the past week)

Journal entries like Pogo/pikmin

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭

These are great ideas. I especially like: showing #unique visits and captures in the past week.

Maybe it could also tell you the 3 badges you are closest (percentagewise) to earning. This could encourage people to get out there some more. (Include levels double onyx, triple, etc.)

It's like Fitrep / Trekker was going to be kinda like Epoc / Sojourner. But they didn't quite finish.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This FITREP is still being displayed multiple times. Not a huge bug, but I’ve noticed that the “data“ is different.

got these two this morning, but with different stats? What gives?!