Removal of double r7 deploy

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes @NianticCasey the lags still very bad.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

sadly yes :/ daily deploy lag is frustrating.... and the kinetic bug issue...

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Deploy lag and glyph lag are both really frustrating. I can't think of anything more fun than staring at your screen waiting 30 seconds for a glyph sequence when you've paid for a fracker... and having the glyph sequence flash up just as you glance away for a moment so you miss the whole thing.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭

Remove double deploy, sell BB which **** fields, straight up sell gear in store, allow linking under fields..

It's obvious Niantic thinks that more playboard turnover is better.

However, they are not realizing how rewarding it is for a new player to build something and for it to stay up, and how crushing, frustrating and demoralizing it is when somebody rolls over all their work.

And now good luck getting new players to stick around when Niantic is intentionally sabotaging the game by scheduling events that compete with their pogo juggernaut.

With the latest event it's clear that Niantic doesn't see long-term future for ingress. All they want you to do is SCAN, SCAN, SCAN 🤮 so they can cash in with the next game and Lightship.

And with the recent NFT and crypto announcement... You see where this ship is sailing. 😞

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Turnover is a funny thing in this game.

You want dynamism for working on personal badges. You want stagnancy for cell scoring (permanent fields with no opposition).

You want to be able to build something and not be chased around before you've finished, especially if it's something relatively insignificant like a walk around your neighborhood. But you need to recognize that some areas are so heavily trafficked by Agents going about their daily lives that expecting to be left alone is unrealistic.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

Increased hack time makes sense if the objective is to give you more time to make scans? What else are you going to do while you stand around waiting.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭

Switch to Pokemon or Pikmin

But yes, that's very likely their reason. Watch them implement 5min timer but cooldown decreases by 1min for each scan🤮

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This. And the amount of issues is increasing, patch interval is decreasing.

it’s all over for me if they mess with the hack timer.

• That makes massive layering off one portal sooooo much harder though 🤣

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

At that point, I would end up playing a different game that had more stuff to do while walking about lol

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Walking between portals is the point of the game.

• NoctarionNoctarion ✭✭✭

I feel like we/they can't pretend to go back exactly to what the game used to be, when (if i'm correct) the amount of players doesn't seem to be what it used to be.

Multiaccounters will be the ones less affected by this change.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

Ingress is not a game where you stay in one place like some games.

Fundamentally, portal battles, links, and control fields are not the subject matter of the game.

The subject is to go to a point of interest.

And the game system is designed to go to more points of interest.

If you don't understand this, it will be difficult to experience the real fun of Ingress.

Uh, no, it's about controlling MU. Pure portal control helps, but nothing beats linking up/fielding areas.

Pure exploration is cool and I've found a ton of neat places I didn't know about. But MOST of my play is where I live, where I work, where I commute.

It's pretty rare I would travel a long way just for a portal unless I wanted control fields. I'll travel a long way for other reasons and capture along the way but Ingress is not the primary reason then.

• Uh, no, it's about controlling MU.

I hate that people have taken the only scoring method Niantic provided, and now changed their mindset to pretend that's the point.

The game existed before regional scoring, and just controlling MU wasn't the sole purpose of the game. It was just a way of keeping score. The Purpose is to go outside and explore your neighbourhood, and the scoring is the gamification of that purpose.

edited June 2022

After so many years, my neighborhoods well explored, 100's of times. (At one stage I re-explored it every night almost for a month).

MU control is probably the standard - I see a lot of posts about people having unbroken MU wins over their cell and stating it proudly.

Arguably it's bad for the game. I disagree though. We were totally dominated for years with the opposition winning every cycle. Then we decided to have a bet with the opposition and they promised VRLA if we could win 10 cycles in a row.

We did it through hard work, and won 10 cycles, (sneaky BAFs, we were still totally pwned in other areas) - they never coughed up with the VRLA though.

• I'll reiterate what I said on another thread about the timer too.

I'd prefer to see it go back from a gameplay PoV, but I think it should stay at 90s from a "retaining the playerbase" point of view, because there are too many players who've started in the last two years, and don't understand a game where 300s is the norm.

It's going to be hard enough teaching them that leaving the house is a key element of the game, let alone that they're going to have to go back and forth between portals to get gear.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can you multifield off a portal if you're not staying at the anchor? Even farming requires staying in one place. Exploring is a part of the game, but it's not much use if you're playing in the same areas 90%of the time

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, it's been brought up enough times, but they really need to add other scoring metrics on the scoreboard, not just mu

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

As philosophical as it may sound, Ingress is only a catalyst for our encounter with the wonderful real world.

Therefore, I believe that battles are only incidental to this, only in the scanner, and are like a spice to help us enjoy and learn about the real world through Ingress, not the main dish.

If other games are also true, catching fictional creatures is not the main dish, but the spice.

However, it is unfortunate that many players do not get the Niantic philosophy, perhaps because the spice is too much.

So I believe that the essence of Ingress is about closing the scanner, the smartphone screen, and discovering the wonderful real world that unfolds beyond your heads-up.

No two days are the same, whether it is a new place or a neighborhood. The world changes every day.

That's how we come into contact with our new world every day.

So I feel uncomfortable with the words that the game is not viable if you can't deploy lvl 7 reso, or stop playing if 90 seconds reverts back to 300 seconds, etc.

If he can't see it or doesn't want to see it, then it is what it is, but I don't want the essence of Ingress to be changed by such a player.

• Like300WombatsLike300Wombats ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

With regards to setting the hack timer back to the original 5 minutes, I would first note that the exact language they have used is that "Portal cooldown between hacks to be adjusted up from 90 seconds".

No where have they are said they are reverting back to 5 minutes between hacks.

That said, I would not be opposed to a move back to the original hack cooldown. One of the things I liked about the game was the strategies involved in key farming/management. Heat sinks used to actually mean something and, judging by the comments on this thread, apparently have been largely forgotten.

If I wanted multiple keys from a portal, I could glyph hack it 3 times within 30 seconds through the application of 2 common heat sinks. If I wanted to farm a single portal for a massive number of keys I could deploy a VR HS and VR MH, burn it out, then if I needed to have shields on it, I would flip it, destroy it and rebuild it.

There are aspects of strategies within the game that have been forgotten (or are being willfully ignored) by people who simply want the convenience of a rapid cooldown without having to earn it. And for those who have started the game with the current cooldown in place, the strategies are meaningless because they've never had to employ them.

As to the concept of "building something and keeping it"...Ingress is a game of sandcastles: the tide ("the other faction" for those that miss the metaphor) always comes in and destroys what you've built. That is the very purpose of the game...*that's* what gets you out of your house and moving to play.

And if that concept makes it "too repetitive" for some...maybe the game just isn't for those folks.

Post edited by Like300Wombats on
  • mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

the lower cooldown isnt always to your advantage with the daily lag.