An open letter to Nia re: timing.

I'm a Texas agent who has been to the last 3 European anomaly events: FRA, NBG, and Dresden. I was really looking forward to Munich being my 4th.

When the 2020 Munich anomaly was postponed, I worked hard to get refunds on everything I could, and have been "saving up" for the future.

All 3 previous anomalies I had attended overseas were in either spring or fall, and thus had much cheaper airline tickets than prime summer vacation travel. I would spend hours trying to find the best flight/hotel deals. It was part of the fun.

When Nia rescheduled Munich for July, my heart sank. Not only are prices to travel sky high, but between plane pilot shortages, and people traveling now who haven't done so in two years, this journey will be an expensive perfect storm.

I assume this may be "the last" anomaly as we've known them, since battle beacons have taken over, there's no "need" to travel anymore. Despite the fact that traveling/meeting folks is half the fun.

*IF* there ever is another worldwide or even country-wide anomaly as was in the past, please reconsider scheduling them in spring and/or fall, so more folks can afford to make the trip.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Maya ❤️

• *IF* there ever is another worldwide or even country-wide anomaly as was in the past, please reconsider scheduling them in spring and/or fall, so more folks can afford to make the trip.

If they don't return to widepsread accessible events, it'll be another nail in the game's coffin. The "single event worldwide" thing is a great way to **** enthusiasm.

• I also find the stay at home battlebeacon a buzzkill. The game itself now has evolved more in a pay2win, which is never a good thing for a game and reduces the lifespan of any game. Same with apex. Never was ap so easy to gain.

But still looking forward to Munich. Seeing old friends in the field and making new ones.

Having some drinks and discovering another city.

Time will tell. But i surely hope anomalies would return to how they were before. The effort is 75% of the fun.

• Since you can trigger a bb with 7 portal scans, you can still get your anomaly badge for free without having to pay. But yes I was sorely disappointed after I already bought plane tix, to find out it'd be battle beacons.