STATIC FIELDS

JacTartJacTart ✭✭
edited June 2022 in General

Static fields

Hello everyone, I am writing about a fact that, on ingress, tends to create problems for different players: STATIC FIELDS, or Permanent Fields, which have the characteristic of being withdrawn within a few hours after being shot down.

The game is based on the score that the fileds give on the territory, which, becoming static can guarantee, with little organization, the victory of one faction or the other in a cell, or at least this is what it may seem to Niantic however the reality is often quite different.

When it was created in game, and you could only get one key per portal, it was much more difficult to create new static, at least in a legal way, today is easy.

Static Fileds tend to destroy the game by burying, under field, a whole series of players who, for obvious reasons, can no longer play as they find themselves unable to do anything with fields that often go home by home (or home by portal unaccessible) and links even tens of kilometers long, all with huge expenses in gasoline (just to put a little more CO2 into the atmosphere for ridicules reason) or public transport, having to spend time and effort to go to a player's house which, comfortably from the sofa, link again. 

There are several cases in which those of his faction are obliged not to play against, under penalty of losing the title of “tusted”, and the automatic expulsion from all faction groups, which is usually reserved only for those who are caught doing open use. of fake gps or cheating in some way.

I lost count of the players, of both factions, who uninstalled the game under some static field. Lately NIA has tried to put a patch on the **** of players, giving the possibility to play, even if only a little, under filed but thus removing the meaning of the filed itself: what sense does it have to play as opponents if that, covering me, does not does it limit my ability to play? Also with a limit of only 500 meters but this is only useful in large cities where there is an abundance of portals.

The truth is: without a players the game has no sense to exist, and I don't think NIA agrees that few players are playing, as I always say "less players, less money for Niantic"

If I can propose some ideas to spice up the game a little, making it more dynamic:

1. Remove the possibility of using old codes from new accounts: too often if you are looking for cubes you just need to create a new account and use old codes: it is cheating but given that no one will ever know who you are no one can accuse you.

2. Prevent multiplication of keys in quantum

3. Create an item that immunizes a portals for a long time (a week?), please that it is NOT Very Rare, preventing both factions from using it, still giving the possibility to reload it and not losing ownership: despite the medal of the guardians has been removed many players still compete to see who keeps the portal longer

4. Speed ​​up the download of the portals (if fielded or linked) from 7 days to one or two days

5. Evaluate whether to make all portals of a filed temporarily unusable by simply splitting a vertex, perhaps making all the portals of the other vertices lose a return, in this way if I break a player's house I have the technical time to cut the field.

6 To find a legit way to destroy inaccessible portals (maybe breaking the other vertex)

7. Trying to make the intell more dynamic, the tired game is boring and the boredom kills the game

8. If a multifid has been up for a long time, it begins to "eat" the internal states, so that it loses value over time and must then at least be reorganized, thus moving the game itself

Regards

Jack Tart

Post edited by JacTart on
Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

You can field under fields now so perma fields aren’t really a big issue.

• JacTartJacTart ✭✭
    edited June 2022

500 metres....and this rules have no sense....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

only relevant in cities, rural not so much of use if nearest portals are 50km between xd.

Your rural portals are 50km apart? I’m in a small village and have (just counted now) 29 that I could get on a walk to the shops. I know it’s not the same for all, and many will only be 1MU fields but it’s still possible.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

What country are you in?

I agree with 1&2 from OP.

Uh UK is very dense small area.

Lots of portals. My states seven times the area of UK. Yeah the capital is dense but it thins out heaps once you leave. Max drone distance from cities about 40km before it thins out too far to hop.

I did say it may not apply to all, but it’s surely better now with the linking under fields.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

no i live in city thankfully, but was just stating that 500m rule is only useful in somewhat dense areas, once u go outside city core the distance to nearest portals increases drastic....

• JacTartJacTart ✭✭
    edited June 2022

When the game was born it was really long and frustrating to get keys to make a relevant filed, the relevant filed you could do a few times when being covered a couple of weeks was not a problem, now the frustration is being covered 24H, sometime for months or years, by who has greater movement possibilities than yours ....

Post edited by JacTart on
  • There we go. Players providing cover fire for Niantic doing nothing about the issue.

• ThePoioThePoio ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

I disagree on several points

For the point 1 it would not be correct to deny new players the possibility of using codes that we have all used, maybe not make them available immediately but if you reach medium levels even the new ones would have the right to use them. For the point 2 if the keys in quantum cannot be multiplied would not be possible to farm portal keys that can only be reached in certain periods or by certain players. For points 5 and 6 I think they are not good ideas, if you have problems with the home portal of player that you can make destroy by a teammate who lives near them, in this way the sociality of the game also increases, or simply destroy when is not in house. Point 6 is a very bad idea, both faction have unaccessible portals, you can ask to use this keys so that they help you to make new field or new cross link. The point 8 is, in my opinion, a very unsense idea ....

I'm agree about point 3, some new item of this type can be an interesting thing to do, and I can be agree about point 4 and 7 even if I think they are consequential, if decay of the fileds is accelerated, the Intel become more dynamic.

To conclude the Perma are not a bad thing, it would be enough to understand when to do it and when not to do it, simply if a member of my faction does not want to be covered it is enough to say it and change the field to make him play according to his style of game. In Milan we have a player of my faction who continues to cross the filed that someone of my faction would like to do: she likes to make star on her homeportal, which guarantees her infinite game, and she could not do if covered.

Post edited by ThePoio on
  • phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

One reason for permanent fields is the portals are inaccessible.

Consider removing portals that are only accessible by spoofers, and Niantic.

And ya, quantum capsules are how players still have keys.

Permanent fields over cities, degrades the quality of gameplay.

I dont actually care about fields, so I'd just like an option to turn them off in the scanner, so I can see where I'm going.

There are very very few inaccessible portals.

Accessible only by a limited number of people or with BGAN etc, the list skyrockets.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

1) Maybe better to make codes available at L3-L4?

2) Bad actors will find another way to obtain keys,unfortunately.

3) This should be very (very) rare item simply because it can be used for "disabling" alot of portals simply to troll opponent,especially with mentioned pack of "new agents".

4) Oh... I am completely against any manipulations with decay excepting one - if mu and links-loaded portal decays faster then unloaded(not linked even) should decay less,way less. This should be well-balanced before introducing.

5) Not sure,gotta translate first;)

6) How that "inaccessible" portal was captured if it's really inaccessible? This was always a discussional thing about accessibility of portals.

7) Which way?

8) And this is interesting idea but - if you are covered with one layer not ten,you still covered.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

The quick change to allow small links under fields is great. From a coding perspective, it was an easy quality of life addition to the game.

However, I would like to see them scale the allowed link distance based on portal density, plus show greyed out portals in the key carousel that you could link to if you weren't under a field (visual indication links are suppressed).

TBH, the OP reads like they're one of the people upset about the change on an alt account, trolling.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

"I don't like what this team is doing; please change the game rules to give me what I want."

Get your faction together and fight the field. If you can't, it's because the other faction is more organized and works harder at it.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Sure its not common but is there anything that can be done for inaccessible portals? Seems like if a portal can't be accessed for the foreseeable future (years), it should be taken offline?

If the keys didnt replicate, it would eventually not be used for fields. Unless people spoof to get keys.

No signal is a more common issue, and its extra hard when BGAN doesnt work.

There are more complicated ways to get signal, but its beyond most players, so the fields stay up.

Most teams have equipment for low signal.

And willing to loan it out. Talk to the old crusties.

My main issue is military base portals, especially given that in Australia it's not legal under defense employment contracts to take photos on bases.

• Define "inaccessible" because the vast majority are "Too hard, that'd mean leaving the house". Not inaccessible but just further away than someone's willing to venture.

• My main issue is military base portals, especially given that in Australia it's not legal under defense employment contracts to take photos on bases.

It is within the "public display" areas, such as a certain Canberra Bomber that's on display. It's not legal inside the restricted zones of many bases, but there's plenty of areas that are legally allowed, especially the monuments and museums.

• What if the faction that prevents you from playing is yours and asking to be able to play is unless?

edited June 2022

Not if you are defense personnel inside a military facility. I've read the employment contract. I still see military staff subbing nominations inside these areas. There are zero military bases with "public access" in Perth. Pearce airbase used to have open days, but not any longer. And the torpedo maintenance area on Garden Island is highly restricted.