Removal of double r7 deploy

gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect I'll probably be in the minority in here, but I do not like the removal if this, I know its how it used to be but that'd not an excuse, if we kept things "how they used to be" we would still be living in caves hunting animals with sticks. We've had double r7 deploy for nearly 3 years, it's no longer a covid bonus, it's normal gameplay, it didn't break the game, it didn't make it unfair, it was actually very fair. Now, all its going tk do is make single players have a harder time, and the dominant team in areas even more dominant as they will still easily be able to make l7 portals, but the weaker team will struggle to make l7 to be on an even playing field.

Tagged:

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Im with Breenzy on this. My wife plays as well and as a duo we can dominate easily.

Learn to cooperate with other team members would be way to go.

For solo agents in regional areas it will suck a bit however would P6 vs P5 make a huge difference?

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It's good to reverrt

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

a p7 takes 3 agents, if u cant get that then recruit maybe not ask for the game to be too easy..

• I liked the old days when a P7 was a precious thing that you would recharge and defend. Nowadays, I just let P7 dacay because it is so easy to rebuild with 2 players.

As a player of the weaker faction, you can always hack the other faction's portals to get high-level items.

Personally, I look forward to finding P6s where I can add the third R8 and R6/7 to upgrade to P7.

Just my personal feeling - there is no right or wrong in this issue.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Agree with the "bumper" mentality. Great way of making friends.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

even a smaller city should be able to recruit and gather 3 agents ?

If regional agents need bumps we usually drive there if asked.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

We're seeing what a lack of players is doing for the game's environment and sadly, the hardest part has been to find a balance. (similar to events)

Saying recruit is a thought terminating cliché - you're not resolving the issue. How would we balance portal levels equally?

Would it be ok to keep the double L7? This still requires 8 people to show up for a L8 in the end. (flipping the portal is an available option but it always has been)

I'm also thinking since around Prime:

+ Shields and their stickyness have been nerfed

+ Fast recharging has made it easy to defend

- Notifications are still iffy

I consider L6 to 8 in the same upper range. I wouldn't care the number of people it takes to build it, I just know bursters are needed.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Yeah it can be hard getting ppl to start play this game but that doesnt mean the game should be nerfed because of that. I asume its best to try get those that have a hard time adapt to this game by have them visit a first saturday maybe and let other more experience agents perhaps try engage them and show them what the game is about. Ingress is a game u need to scratch more then just on the surface, once u get passed that and know all the basics the game is more fun then any niantic game so far and many options how play etc its shame its so hard to get normal casual people getting hooked into this game..

It's easier to flip a portal up with a VR battle beacon now but yeah.

Recruiting is and always has been rather difficult.

• Cl4whammerCl4whammer ✭✭✭

I like that change

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doubt they will answer, but it would be nice if @NianticBrian or @NianticThia gave their input, I expect it would be some company jargon, but it would be interesting either way

• jjavierjjavier ✭✭✭

Only one agent wont build for 8 glyph hack points.

Only one agent will be able to get L5 portal with or without L8 resonator, so it will be a good idea to store more L8 resonators.

It was a temporal change, but for alone players it will be hard to deal with that.