June 25th Community Day Might Be Good?

BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2022 in General

I don't want to get my expectations up again, but this Community day video explicitly has Ingress mentioned. Could we possibly be included this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3phE47dXq50

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

That would be nice but I wonder what the “goal” or “bonus” is for Ingress Agents on that day.

Pokémon GO gets a boost for a special Pokémon for the time, with the goal (for most) being to catch a lot of shinies

Pikmin Bloom gets a boost in special flowers and a medal for walking 10k steps.

HPWU (RIP) got a boost to a certain page of collectibles with the goal of completing it.

I’m aware that for this one we have Kythera. However I wonder for the upcoming ones.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like load out cards. I wouldn’t drive far for those, but might be enough to attend…

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go for the experience but Perth and Adelaide only have virtual PoGo events.

Can I politely request that since Gold Coast and Brisbane both have in person events, in future move one to Adelaide or Perth?

Its super easy and cheap to travel between Gold Coast and Brisbane whereas Perth and Adelaide are much more isolated.

(Adelaides about $500 return from Perth, Brisbanes and Sydney about $1000, probably cheaper to fly to Indonesia).

We have two of the in-person ones local to me, less than ten miles apart, but about 30 miles from me. There is also some wild road construction going on the major highway, so getting up there would be easy, getting home, over an hour in traffic... Maybe it'll line up with something else and I can give this event another shot....

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

The forecasted weather in the supposed place where the Community Day will happen near my area on June 25th states considerable hot and humid with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm and a whopping temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit (real temperature with the humidity is 110 F). No, thanks! By the way, if an agent who attends the event and gets complications from heatstroke during the event, can Niantic be held legally liable for it?

No. Niantic aren’t forcing you to go. It would be your choice

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@PkmnTrainerJ , good because I would rather read a bestseller while eating a shrimp ceviche and drinking a piñacolada that day.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@SSSputnik , there is a huge difference between a sensible and foolish person, you know.

I'd just like to point out that it "might be good" theory is sourced by a player spotting load out cards in a video.

Not because Niantic informed us.

We complained about lack of Ingress stuff at the events, Niantic told us they would provide feedback to the organisers, then silence.

Why not promote the event within the community here by telling us that organisers are now informed, will have some Ingress cards etc?

Worried that not enough cards and people would be disappointed? Then turn card finding into a scavenger hunt so players have a chance to find the lucky few or state it outright?

This lack of engagement is counter-productive to the player base AND Niantic events.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Swag? You better not be messing with us Niantic!

Par for the course, through and through! Easy opportunities to pick up some goodwill and trust and more silence. Business must be good and someone is convinced communication is "good 'nuff" apparently, lol.

Just got pushed to my scanner.

Apparently I missed it.

Way to go on the quality control Niantic.

I mean really!? Jfc

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Update:

Much better setup this time, flags and a tent. (I can forgive last month as it was raining pretty hard)

Sadly there was no Ingress merch, but there was also no game specific march at all, just Niantic branded. We picked up a postcard and Community Day pin which was good quality. We were limited in what we could actually take, there was also some stickers and low quality Niantic logo pin on offer, so I'm not too bummed.

Overall, a much better experience, but also room for improvement. I can see turnout to these being better if it was advertised there was game specific merch available.

So it was better because there was a tent this time, but still nothing in regards to Ingress?

Perfect, definitely skipping it tomorrow..

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so strange no game specific merch :/ there should be that when u get there they ask u for what game u want merch and u say ok cool i want for ingress...

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

The bar was already quite low, so it was much better, but theres much to be improved.

Yeah, just 3 different options would have been good.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like no reason to go. Perfect chance to sell merch, swing and a miss by Niantic!