Two drones

I have two drones, which both have individual locations, but only one can hack. Exactly as described in https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/17236/drone-not-moving-properly-displayed-drone-location-resets-to-earlier-portal/p1

D1 Move, D2 Move, D2 Hack - Cooldown - D2 Move, D1 Move, D1 Hack - Cooldown - D1 Move, ...

Can you look into the issue and fix it?

PS: Side Feedback: In the Forum it says: "If you’re seeing an account-specific issue, the forum isn’t the best place to seek help. Instead, tap Main Menu > Settings > REPORT PROBLEM > Contact Us." -> The Bot to which I was talking to, just redirected me here....

Tagged:
1 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Bot doesn't redirect if you choose, skip - then one of the options that isn't bug, problem or something...

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

This is technically a bug but is one that is already known and is being looked into. Niantic is aware.

The issue lies in thar you have your DroneNet layer turned on. The "two drones" is the place marker showing where your drone currently is, the other being the one that plays the "flying" animation when traveling to a new Portal. Then when the drone 'gets' to the new portal (location is updated) the 'other drone' catches up.

The simplest way to 'solve' (aka ignore) this issue on your side for now is to just disable your DroneNet view when using your drone. Or just recognize that you don't actually have two drones. One is just the visual place marker for where your Drone is, similar to what you would see if you ever encounter another drone in the wild that isn't yours.

• @ArkFang: No, in Droneview I see 3 drones. The "Big" drone, the marker, where I am currently. Two other drones of the side of the portal. Please read the orgiginal post, what this is about.

When I move "the" drone, the big drone moves to the new location (there is no drone yet). Trying to hack the new portal results in an error, that I am out of range. Going back to the main screen and back to the drones, I am back at portal one (there is my "Big" drone and one side drone). Moving the drone to a portal (for example to the portal I already moved to), I can hack this portal. Now there are here all the drones. I could have choosen to pick another portal, then the paths of the drones will diverge....

• @NianticThia seems to be able to resolve this issue individually.

• I'm having the same problem, @NianticThia! Seems to have begun after my drone was returned to me a few weeks ago.

• PinkusMPinkusM ✭✭
    edited November 2022

I have the same behavior as described above where the game thinks I have two drones and randomly shows me one or the other. Can you fix my drone, too, @NianticThia ? Thank you!

• Hey @PinkusM! I've shared it with the team to look into it. I'll get back soon with an update. Thanks!

• @NianticVK Thank you. Ever since your fix (8 days ago) I have only had one drone. My problem is solved.

• GelblancGelblanc ✭✭
    edited December 2022

I'm having the same issue. When I discovered it, my drone's were kilometres apart. Please update the scanner to detect and rectify. I'm using an oppo a9 2020.

• ZyxarZyxar ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hey @NianticVK I have a similar issue with two drones as described by e.g. PinkusM above in this thread and would appreciate very much if you could assist in resolving it. Thanks!

• @NianticVK I have the same issue with two drones being discussed in this thread. I would appreciate if you could assist. Thank you.