Kythera - Phase 2

2»

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

I think it's fine. You don't need to pay to enter if you have a pass already, and accessing these portals isn't required to participate in Kythera. It's kind of childish to say "just because I can't access these for the event no one else should either."

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anomalies have always been events for people willing to "spend to participate."

If you ever attended a traditional anomaly for less than $149, it's because the anomaly was in your hometown, or you have an Ingress Sugar Daddy paying for your hotel room.

• tmxodtmxod ✭✭

Disagree... Anomalies have had free means of participation for as long as I've played the game.

Connected cells, recharge rooms, remote operators.

All means of participating in an anomaly at no participation cost.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

I know you can' t make drastic changes this month because things are already underway, but can you do something more about the cities that Niantic automatically selects?

Also, the selection of target portals is too sloppy.

The same cities have been selected for months, further diminishing the value of this monthly (a)nomaly.

In addition, many sensitive and unsafe locations have been selected.

And while we understand the intent to disperse and not attract too many people, the announcement is so last minute that many players cannot even participate.

I would like to ask for a better operative rate.

• Greetings colleagues.

The anomaly for this phase in the city of Cartagena should be cancelled. In this city the game is dominated by spoofers and you can not compete against them.

Another reason is that the portal area where the beacons will appear is closed for construction and access is impossible, only the spoofers could play the event, it's not fair!

If it cannot be cancelled, your relocation would be another way to solve this problem.

Thanks for everything!! 💪

• FernanDittoFernanDitto ✭✭
    edited May 2022

• this city should not be chosen, many location spoofers were found last year about 50 income accounts were banned for the simple fact that these accounts are not clean, please we hope that they remove the anomaly from this city, thanks

• marya63marya63 ✭✭

Greetings, is it possible to request the cancelation or relocation for one of proposed sites? Turns out the city of Cartagena, Spain, has been selected as anomalía site for this series but the places is infested with spoofers for several years. More than 50 accounts were banned within las year and it keeps going on.

Im not sure about what metrics have been used or how to select sites, but this one and some other nearby poblations are red flags.

I mention the relocation so some other place can get a spot and it is not wasted, never intended to suggest where, just elsewhere.

Not being able to efficiently fight spoofing is one thing, but placing an anomaly on a place with such activity and almost 60 confirmed sanctions for spoofing? Well, that is something else!

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

I previously attended an anomaly in Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan, a city whose area was contaminated by spoofers in February.

From the beginning, we were at a disadvantage due to the difference in the number of participants between the camps, but when a few spoofers joined us there, we could no longer do anything to counter them.

If Niantic can't crack down on multi-accounts and spoofers now, they should at least stop trying to anomaly where it is impossible to ensure a fair battlefield.

As in the past, in an environment where there are hundreds of participants in each camp, multi-accounts and spoofing by a few people will have a limited impact.

But in the Anomaly series from this year, there are scattered cities where there are only a few people in each other's camps.

Cheating in such cities is too powerful.

If such cities win or lose the series, it is unfortunate for both.

@NianticBrian @NianticThia

• Additional Portals have been ornamented to indicate a rough area within which NIA-deployed Battle Beacons, Faction Target Portals and Shards will manifest for these 10 Impact Zones:

• Shizuoka City, Shizuoka, Japan
    • Dubai, UAE
    • Denizli, Turkey
    • Kraków, Poland
    • Stuttgart, Germany
    • Cambridge, UK
    • La Plata, Argentina
    • Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    • Midland, TX, USA
    • Tapachula, Chiapas, México

These newly ornamented Portals may or may not carry more strategic values than other Portals.

Even though not indicated via ornaments, non-accessible areas suggested by respective event applicants will be excluded.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not buying a pass to go to Disney. I'm sure a lot of people don't if they don't/have time to vacation. If this was Disney Springs, it would be fine because you don't need a pass. You don't think having Disney included with the calculations of whatever metric they use is a bit one sided?

They are going to be the most contested portals and I really hope it's not based on cells because that automatically takes out anything from Orlando and Tampa to Southwest Florida from any potential anomalies. Disney World is located in two cells. It affects the entire state of Florida and I would be more for having calculations done without the park to see more potential portals in the area versus removing potentials altogether.

• Ellimist713Ellimist713 ✭✭✭

@NianticOfficial With the current cycle ending in the event window this weekend, how will the battle beacons scheduled from scanning be scored?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

From the main post:

"Agent-deployed Rare or Very Rare Battle Beacons for each phase is worth a total of 260 points globally, to be distributed to the two Factions according to the ratio of weighted Battle Beacon Point Values they earned from Agent-deployed Battle Beacons between 20 May 2022 1100 UTC and Monday, 23 May 2022 1100 UTC. Rare Battle Beacons triggered by the AR Scan Meter at the top of the first hour of Septicycle 2022.20 (Saturday, 21 May 0800-0810 UTC) will be scored under this group regardless of whether the deployer name is shown as NIASection14."

Those will be counted as agent deployed, even though NIASection14 is deploying them.

• vikit0vikit0 ✭✭

this city should not be chosen for the kythera anomaly due to the number of spoofers that control the area, last year more than 50 accounts of the same people who continue to play were reported and banned, we ask you to please cancel this event in the city of Cartagena from Spain, thank you!

• vikit0vikit0 ✭✭

this city should not be chosen for the kythera anomaly due to the number of spoofers that control the area, last year more than 50 accounts of the same people who continue to play were reported and banned, we ask you to please cancel this event in the city of Cartagena from Spain, thank you!

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

@NianticOfficial @NianticThia @NianticBrian when are we going to know how Shards and Targets are going to look like?

Phase 2 already started and it still shows as PENDING

• It would be nice if Ingress would wxolain **** an “interaction” with a portal is. We’ve put 14 beacons on now and all have completed. Ive put mods on, resos, hacked etc. after only getting 8 counted i put a battle beacon on a white portal then captured and fully resonated it and STILL didnt get credit for it. Seems like a niantic money grab so we will buy more battle beacons.

• Shards: 5ENL-8RES

BB NIA14: 614ENL-907RES 💙💙💙💙

• IANVSIANVS ✭✭

any clue what to do with 4:49-length audio file from latest Klue message?