Mission Day Organization Tips?

MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this going to be the future home of support for Mission Day organizers or will the existing chat forums keep that role?

Comments

• Mission Day organizers are invited to a separate Slack channel by their Niantic contact.

• What exactly do you need tips for? I can help you with an free unofficial Missionday.info subdomain (like yourCity.missionday.info), a Swag shop and some more information. 😉

The most important and official information, guidelines and registration forms are collected here: https://www.missionday.info/your-mission-day/?lang=en

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

@TerenceKill How to pitch this to your local tourist board? What marketing items can be useful to show to cities?

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Site just ate the list I typed up.

Have 18-24 missions ready with names, badges a list of portals before you submit. I had a gun-rights rally happen on the same day, and had waited to the last minute to submit the missions. The extra 6 I had as a fall back let me swap some out to avoid most of the rally.

Go to the tourism board before you submit the MD request and get permission to use any logos first. Talk with them, tell them you could be bringing in a few hundred people, and might need hotel reservations, etc. People will be visiting shops and hitting up local eateries.

Get a MyMaps worked out with all of the mission start points, useful bus stops, hotels, group photo location, and check out.

If you go for a restaurant or pub for check out, make sure it's an all ages place. People are going to have kids, or just don't want to be near alcohol in the first place.

As the organizer, don't worry about getting all the missions done, get your 6 and then camp out at the check out location. Be available for people who need to leave/check out early.

Walk and chat with people who came from out of town to attend, thank them. If they're sitting and taking a break, sit with them too.

• TrinityPrincessTrinityPrincess ✭✭✭✭

There's a Mission Day support telegram channel for North America here if you are interested: https://t.me/joinchat/BnHH_UyNhLXboPidqJV00g