Ingress 2.92 Release Notes

What’s New

• Added Dynamic Links for sharing your Agent Profile and specific missions. A dynamic link is a single smart URL that works across platforms, whether or not Ingress is already installed.

• Updated to Unity 2020 LTS for fixes and stability.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: Added a new image uploader for Portal nominations and photo uploads, which fixes a top crashing issue.

• Fixed: Fixed an issue with Rare Battle Beacon displaying 5 Checkpoints on the Map screen (instead of the correct 3 Checkpoints).

• Fixed: Portal Scan Meter-scheduled Battle Beacon ornaments are visible on Intel Map.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

> A dynamic link is a single smart URL that works across platforms, whether or not Ingress is already installed.

Does that mean that we'll be able to view agent profiles outside of Ingress, or will it just redirect to the Play Store/App Store in that instance?

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

You added a new photo uploading method, is there any point though or will the photos actually show up in the game?

• The agent links do not include a valid link to intel. So it just opens intel, but not the profile.

That's what I expected, thank you!

But by god putting these links on biocards is such a good idea, I didn't think of that. Time for new biocards~

• nosmiumnosmium ✭✭

Does anyone already have an example how a player link will look like, and how a mission link will look like?

• When can we use dynamic links for drone flights? Today you have to have keys to fly a little longer. Dynamic Links should do the same thing.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

When do you fix game translations or make function to change thescanner language in settings? And when do we have a new content in the game?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian. You read and monitor this forum, for which many thanks to you. But tell us how can we, ordinary players, establish contact with your company? It seems that we should have a community manager, but none of us received any answers from him. Many of us wrote comments to Brian or in the relevant sections asked the company to fix some bugs in the game, but there was no answer. Many players would like to discuss inefficient monetization or in-game issues. But we have no one to discuss these problems with. We would also like to help make our game better. For example, many agents who are fluent in their native language could help you with competent translation of the game into different languages. The Russian translation used on the territory of the former USSR has a lot of semantic and grammatical errors, a lot of things are not translated, and I and many other agents could help you with the translation, or even translate into regional languages, Ukrainian, Polish, Hungarian, and so on. And most importantly, it would be free help for you. We want to help you in the development of the game, and finally get, as customers of your company, the product that the majority would like. But what do we need to do for this?

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Share option seems a bit useful for ifs or as another option(usulally AgentStats or Google form).Just as "portal share" is a bit useful(usually we have iitc). And "social" is "probably useful"(usually info already shared via messengers).

Bugfixes are also minor. Comparing Unity versions without direct links is a bit complicated imo. And this is a mandatory update,again.Without direct download link,again.

Release for release

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

For me this is obvious. Targeted IOS and IOS has native lang selector,"так зачем париться кодить ещё что то хомяки и так схавают у них же в настройках оси есть переключатель,а на дроиде не особо и донатят - тем более чего париться".Sad but true.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering,if "sfx_notify" is used or just as was? And also if it's not used why it's present.

Viber(Hangouts?)extracts its audio assets for notifications(maybe their coders arent lasy to split builds). Messenger uses own asset(again - idk and idc about ios).

• Well i can see one tiny fix on my side at least and thats the disclaimer button tap now works when you tap it to clear the message for those users that got the error from time to time where it got stuck unlike me having it all the time alas even Unity 2021 LTS Didnt sort the Blank/Black Screen Map Issues YET from 2019....back to the drawing board i think.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Or fix the XM bugs (not being updated in real-time anymore, duplicate layers, disappearing XM, etc.)

Or fix the time notation, make the game respect the iOS regional settings

Or fix the latency issues when linking/attacking/building/hacking

Or fix the blank map on startup

Or fix the notifications not being updated in game after opening the game from a notification (defense is impossible if you can't click the notification to go to the portal being attacked - comms update after 1-2 minutes)

Or fix the increasing graphical glitches

• Great that the photo upload is fixed. I always used a photo taken with the camera, in Ingress most of the times it crashed.

I use the game in splitscreen on android when walking, this option is now in 2.92 not possible. I hope this returns!

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

This release broke my app. Can't see long links, the "dynamic link" for missions DOES NOT WORK and now split screen is disabled? Boo....

Post edited by Engrish on
  • InerasIneras ✭✭✭

I noticed that the in-game clock setting changed on Android to the 12-hour format. Will there be an option for players to choose the 24-hour format in a future update?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Get in line. It changed to 12 hour format for iOS players in a patch about a year ago and I’ve been asking for a fix ever since.

the unity update changed something, but it definitely didn’t resolve this issue.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing the 12h format on Android 12. Maybe Niantic is using the locale default instead of respecting the system settings.

• Yeah that setting has no effect for me, and I'm seeing 12hr time on Android 12.

It depends on the language of your phone apparently. If you have it set to English (US), it's in 12 hour format, if it's set to English (UK), it's in 24 hour format.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

On iOS that doesn't matter, it's 12-hour format no matter what I do.

The only way for me to force 24 hour, is to set the phone language to dutch, whilst the 'app language' stays english.

Like heck no, why would I want those horrible translations everywhere, just let me use english with dutch regional settings. It shouldn't be that hard, it was working fine up until a change and they never attempted to fix it. Like with so many of the ongoing issues. :(

• arealwerewhalearealwerewhale ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Guess I'm setting my language to UK English, I don't have anything set to 12 hr, this is goofy.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

whats with this people reporting suddenly getting 12h time, is this intended or what happend ?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

it’s a bug. Has been around for ages on iOS, have reported it, has not been responded to, acknowledged or solved.

now, a new unity release screwed with the time on more devices, and changed the behavior again.

it’s time for niantic to take a long hard look at the worst open issues and fix them already.

With all due respect, I would not count the 12-hour format bug as one of "the worst open issues" 🙈

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

The app is actually displaying times ambiguously and/or inaccurately, which I'd count as a fairly serious bug. On the main screen, there are no AM/PM indicators: