Ingress Insights: UI Pass 1

Comments

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

Not bad, keep it going and make it better than 1.0

If it is smoothly and fast than 1.0, agents won't be painful when NIA change the server and EOL 1.0

• drh4kordrh4kor ✭✭
    edited July 2019

Thanks to the dev team for coming thru on the continuing evolution and agile redesign of the UI (user interface) for a better UX (user experience)!

• Looks good i guess. but i'm kinda disappointed that "Portal edit" is still not ready...

• GaijinHellGaijinHell ✭✭✭

I would love to see support for the "back" button to navigate trough menus.

• DerNarfDerNarf ✭✭✭

I am right? On picture 2, next we have to scrol down before we can Recharge this portal?

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

However they prepped the screenshots cut some stuff off. Don't have to scroll, it's just sitting at the bottom.

• So for the reso deployment screen, you're getting rid of the white font for agent names? And going with green and blue? Green might be visible enough, but blue on the black background may not be. I think it would be better to stick with white for the agent names for more visibility. This is like the one thing you did right for visibility in Prime that is actually worse in Redacted.

• Really glad to see these updates! The big meta issue is that every UI element needs to be evaluated while moving and in bright sunlight. Redacted's relatively large, bold visual elements, high color contrast, heavier fonts, and larger virtual buttons make it much easier to use in non-optimal settings. Prime is a work in progress, so hopefully we can get to parity on these issues soon. Thanks for your hard work, and for responding to agent feedback!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that, really appreciate it.

Hopefully, now you'll do something with the map view. There are quite a few problems.

1. Neutral portals are hard to see.
    2. XM is almost impossible to see, especially under fields. That's really important for busgressing.
    3. Links and fields are...mess. They even have no texture.
    4. Why does discharged anchor make yellow shade on the field? The transparent holes and overall fading of fields and links in the old scanner are more intuitive.
    5. No portal center mark on Samsung J7 2016, while it's here on some other devices. How can that be possible with a feature that directly affects gameplay?

• How about swiping for managing keys? Swipe left to recycle, swipe right to drop? And, please!, without going back to the previous screen.

Also, since we can access deploy interface by touching the portal and reso spot, just get rid of the deploy button on the home screen.

• I like the UI update. You've made some subtle but effective changes.

Any chance we can get a mod destroyed animation when attacking? Or just some kind of indication that a mod got zapped? Thanks.

• Excelente amigos, Ingress Prime cada vez mas fuerte, espero al fin tenerlo cuando tenga mi nuevo celular ya que pide mas recursos que el redacted actualmente. 😎

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Just got the update, happy with the ui changes. Mod/Rarity deploy MUCH clearer. Also like the new deploy and attack interface. Button size is fine on my medium sized phone, I have THICC fingers.

Did notice the names now seem to be cut off quite quickly in both the resonator slots and portal owner, even though there seems to be enough space still. What gives?

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

@Grogyan awesome, specific feedback.

• ChamaleonXChamaleonX ✭✭
    edited July 2019

Yesterday the Scanner Redacted was out of service in my area and many players had to use the Prime version. Great was my surprise when I realized that many things had improved since the launch. It's faster, the three-stripe-rarity indicator to identify the shields and the fact that you can look at the main screen the number of objects in the inventory I find something really useful. You can get a lot of information with the main screen. Something that improves with respect to Scanner Redacted.

Congratulations NIA

• -Please do something about the pulsing/flashing. It is a health and accessibility feature.

-Having the portal images fade in and out on the portal map clutters the display and seems a pointless use of processor power especially given that ...

-Prime still fails to reliably load in low signal areas, not even as well as Redacted ever did

-Agent- and Portal name display fields are shorter, abbreviating this information.

-Portal edits and additional photo submissions still missing

-Each hacked item flashes to pink/purple overlaying the rarity color too quickly, while the final list of hack output persists and steals focus

-Speed lock is inconsistently persistent

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The pulse effect, is something that was requested many times, including myself for years.

Waited 6 years for the effect to be implemented.

The portal pic in flames, is one of my favourite new features of Prime.

Speedlock still not working right, which is a bug.

These are my opinions, yours may differ.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticScot

At the bottom of this screen, the portal keys, and items need to be switched, as it is extremely awkward to switch to Portal keys from the main view

• X6996X6996 ✭✭

I agree, the portal keys and items button should be switched. When clicking on the inventory button it still can open on the resonator view, i'm fine with that.

I believe it should also be enough to show just the total Item amount on the main screen.

For me you can also remove the last attacked portal on the bottom right. Get that scanner view uncluttered.

Please remove also the blue/green top cap of empty resonator slots, it's kind of confusing.

• CrepitusOzCrepitusOz ✭✭✭

Having been forced to use prime again on the down day.... aside from the other terrible lag, display, usability etc. bugs and issues, many of which I observed... the key thing that is a game ender for me:

The UI for the main map screen in Prime is blurry, and it's hard to see and select portals. It's like looking at something that is out of focus.

It actually makes me feel nauseated and irritated to play Ingress.

Ingress as we know it is dead because of this Major UI flaw if it's not resolved before you switch off redacted.

Please - with urgency - make a classic skin view. The classic view is clear, crisp and easy to use... and playing it is fun and relaxing.

If I could upload side by side map UI you'd see the jarring difference (for some reason image upload is failing for me here)

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

The new button size has been a weird adjustment for me. I think in pressing it but nothing happens. I have a decent sized phone and have had no problems before this update

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope UI 2 in 2.29 remove blurry UI and give us clen hugh detail UI