NIA NO SHOW COMMUNITY DAY EVENT IN STUTTGART

Hey @NianticOfficial @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @NianticBlue @NianticAustin @NianticAkshay

what happend to the Community Day Event in Stuttgart (Germany) today? 200-300 hundered Players from all Games where there, Eventportals where there, but NOBODY from NIANTIC showed up?

WTF! I saw A LOT disappointed people leaving after around 2hours of waiting. Myself left 10minutes ago.... disappointed because thats a perfect example how NIA disappoints players in several ways. People spending money on travelling and didnt even get anything from NIA for it.

Lets see if there will ANY feedback as well.... your Playerbase would like to know what was (not) going on in Stuttgart.

Thanks.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

no pogo ambassadors either there ?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

okay seems it was for whatever reason cancelled in the last minute but why didnt niantic say anything before...

• elfobcnelfobcn ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

The same situation lived on Barcelona - Spain, A lot of PoGo and Ingress players waiting on La Maquinista Shopping Center for nothing, there was no presence of any Niantic Ambassador, no stand, no PoGo or Pikmin merchandising as if there had been in other places.

The only thing that was there were the temporary portals enabled for the event and that they have deployed beacons in them. 😞

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic ambassadors sounds like volunteers that were supposed to come to the site. That really sucks that no one showed up.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

It was more than likely a third party hired to promote the event that was a no show.

• shame on you Niantic!

• AngroxAngrox ✭✭✭

You are really wondering? All Ingress Events are now fully automated with no personal involvement from Niantic. Sadly the spirit of the events before Corona is gone.

It's time to move ... on.

• woinawoina ✭✭
    edited April 2022

• subzerom37subzerom37 ✭✭
    edited April 2022

they could have made a collaboration with the vanguard and the ambassadors

that there are not many if they are? have sent some gifts to be distributed in the events indicated throughout the world, how difficult is it niactical?

Post edited by subzerom37 on
  • Brisbane had two XMAs and a Vanguard living in the same city, but they went with "Pico" an event company and zero Ingress involvement.

• wow, thanks, but anyway, which makes it even more worse for NIA. why didnt they communicate the right place???

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

yeah really strange, imean its crucial be at the correct place at that day, but they were 3km somewhere else... but it doesnt explain the other cities, same thing happend they were at some other place vs what niantic said they would be ? i wish niantic could make a comment what happend and what steps they are taking so it doesnt happen again since many traveled far that weekend ??

also for future community days there really needs to be ingress swag to give out, not everyone comes to this for pogo stuff or even play other games then ingress.

• Still no official feedback nor at least a "sorry" after 5 days... :(

• Reading these comments (not to mention answering them) would require someone at NIA to actually care about the players - you clearly expect too much from people who hire completely unrelated event agencies to hand out Pokemon cards to Ingress players!

• Agents,

take your time and think about it.

"But our team can't be in more than a couple places on a given day"

They're humans, even if they're with as much XMs as we're...

I think they really do try.

• However, they paid event staff to "be everywhere". We're asking for those paid staff to be cognizant of Ingress as much as Pokemon Go, as well as having some actual acknowledgement of our existence.

It would not have been too hard to have an Ingress postcard printed, in the same way as the Pikmin and PoGo cards were, and shipped out to each manned location. Might have even gotten extra recruits out of it.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Agents,

On Saturday, 23 April 2022, Niantic Community Day will take place around the world across all of our Niantic games, and we invite you to attend in-person to meet fellow Agents and explore an event location near you.

Lets take a closer look here @sinaht, "will take place around the world across all of our Niantic games"

I'm fine with events happening elsewhere in the world without me. I'd prefer some sort of option that doesn't require an expensive flight, but I didn't lose any sleep with the stuff that happened in JAX. What I'm less fine with is seeing announcements here in the forums about events that are related to Ingress and then experiencing nothing of the sort. In my opinion, there is zero excuse for what many people experienced, especially when these exact events happened several months ago and people shared similar frustrations, myself included.

Why are we beta testing events? Did no one from the Ingress team actually look at what was given to the event staff they outsourced? I have to assume no one looked at it if people all over the world had similar experiences. My perception of these last several "community days" is they lack effort, especially from the Ingress side of things. We want to grow the player base, but can y'all do it for us because we put all our eggs in one basket (JAX) and didn't plan anything for the other 50 events. Remotely deploying 5-10 Battle Beacons and hoping some agents burn through gear for nothing in return is a lousy idea of an "event." I posted my suggestions/ideas elsewhere, so I wont ramble here about it here. Just hard not to wonder if Ingress really cares about the community they helped build years ago or we're just being strung along for the scans, wayspots and mobile data, stuff like this is hard to ignore...

How about next month just say, Niantic Community Day, where you can go meet random strangers playing our other games and enjoy a couple of free Battle Beacons on us. #MeetPokemonTrainersOutThere #WhatIsIngressAnyways #PleaseGiveUsFiveStars

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure that a few years ago, Niantic wouldn't have had any issues getting 5-10 people per location excited to do this for them.

Right now, I highly doubt it. The game has turned around so much in the past 12 months, and Niantic is still trying to play catchup it looks like. Too little, too late. Fix the game, take a look at your 'ambassador' program and expand it; have a few of those people show up at a site like this to give out swag.

It isn't complicated, it's just hard. Really hard now that you dropped the player base so many times they did it back.