#MeetYouOutThere on Niantic Community Day; Together we’ll Invest In Our Planet

13»

Comments

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Copied from my thread in General:

Went to the Brisbane, Australia one at Roma St Parklands. Very disappointing, I believe it was Pico (https://www.pico.com/en/) running it, they had no idea what Ingress was and only had PoGo/Pikmin cards on hand.

I'm more than willing to volunteer a few hours, hand out some merch (leftovers can be used for a future First Saturday even), and help new players.

We could even have boosted output on the special Niantic portals for some extra engagement.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

From another player;

Very nice people basically just handing out freebie codes but don’t work for Niantic and have zero clue about wayfarer stuff

The codes only seemed to be for Pokémon GO also. Naught for Ingress.

• IthilalcarIthilalcar ✭✭
    edited April 2022

Bonjour,

Pour le rassemblement #MeetyouOutThereonNiantic Community Day, sur Carré Sénart proche de Paris dans le 77, il n'y avait personne de la dite Communauté pour nous accueillir, nous nous sommes déplacés pour rien. Une bien mauvaise organisation pour ce petit évènement, c'est fort regrettable. Et le pire est que nous n'avons reçu aucune information à ce sujet.

Cordialement

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the first hand experiences everyone. I assumed that’s what would happen, but a few of us were hopeful it might be a little different, guess not.

Seems like more of a quick cash grab from Niantic for a medal. Which, charging for a medal on something like earth day and not directly donating those funds is laughable at best. Would have been so much better to track number of medals sold and then told us exactly how those dollars were being used to benefit earth day…. Some organization, etc. #fail

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Echoing @ZeroHecksGiven's thanks for the first hand experiences!

Typical disappointment from Niantic and the Ingress team. Please include Ingress in these events. I'm sure many XMAs and Vanguards would be willing to help out. Heck, even many normal agents would be happy to volunteer and give handouts. @NianticBrian has talked many times about how Ingress needs new agents, and yet nothing is done with these prime (pardon the pun) opportunities.

I have zero expectation of this happening, but I guess I'll talk into the wind. How about Niantic brings the NL van out to one of these events every month? (I know it's out at JAX today, which is awesome!) That could build HUGE hype for Ingress where a mobile gaming crowd is already gathered. Also run Operation Clear Field at a few Community Day sites where we can get more badge ticks and help out the local community. Loads of PoGoers (or their parents) would likely love to see a Niantic game that encourages and rewards community service.

I don't think Ingress is a dead game, but it's headed that way if the Ingress team keeps being all talk and no action.

Please do something @NianticBrian @NianticThia @NianticOfficial.

edit: Had no idea OCF was also going on in JAX. Go Niantic! xD

• Kinetic Capsule stopped registering distance! It was painful enough to get back less than you put in. But for it to stop registering kms altogether!? Gold was within reach. Not when capsule stops registering. Wasn’t the 40km limit either, I’d only completed 3 this morning.

This doesn’t sound great for future Niantic Community Days, considering they’re meant to be a big thing until at least July.

Please don’t neglect Ingress when doing it. Do we need a new “Ingress Community Day” event to fit in with the other games to ensure we get stuff?

• In short, CD in Madrid has been horrible.

We have gone to the site pointed by Niantic i Atocha station in which it was supossed to be the Pokemon stand but there wasn't any stand there.

Then, we were looking for the stand for Ingress that it should be near from this point. New again, it was nothing in that location.

Thanks to people that was playing around we knew that the Pokemon stand was located in the opposite site of the station so we decided to go. Once we arrive, we kindly asked for Ingress stand and the staff told us that they didn't know anything about other game and that we were complicating them with ofrece questions (incredible!).

We continued searching for Ingress location for a while but after 3 walks around (inside and outside Atocha station) we decided to leave. It has been totally dissapointing.

• Just been around the block at 1km. Kinetic Capsule still locked! Reloaded Ingress prime app. Rebooted phone. Run out of ideas. What on ‘Earth day’ is going on!? Only managed 3 programs today before this.

• MxxMxx ✭✭✭✭

"Niantic" Community Day was a 100% failure for me.

In NYC came to the designated location and saw hundreds of pogo players. 0 Pikmin players on the map. 1 Enlightened player, 6 Resistance players.

All the trinkets that they were giving out were only for Pogo or generic Niantic branded trash.

When I asked "brand ambassador" about Pikmin and Ingress they had no idea what I was talking about and said this was Pogo event.🤬

The first Niantic community day was a no-show from "brand ambassador" and the 2nd one was 100% pogo trash.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Unless Niantic will explicitly state and show proof that "Niantic" community day is for all games and not just Pogo, I'm not going to any of them.👎 I have no intention of being treated as 2nd class.

#NianticCommunityDayFailure

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Its strange that whoever these ambassadors are they had no ingress stuff to give out, in spain i even read they got upset that someone asked too much about ingress since they didnt know anything about it but okay their contract was to promote and give out pogo stuff only this is niantics responsibility 100%.... wow i mean niantic cant take for granted everyone that goes to this event want pogo stuff or even plays it ?

• They were local event companies unconnected from Niantic except for being hired for the day. It's surprising that they all knew what PoGo was.

• I guess it's my fault for not reading that entire wall of text when it was posted but I also wish it was made more clear in the COMMS news post that Optima medal was returning. I've been actively trying to not get these medals and since that slipped in under my radar I accidentally got it. That's on top of forcing me to get the NL-1331 medal last year.

Why can't these events be opt-in? Or at least allow us to opt-out?

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Visited the event in Düsseldorf. There were a dozen additional portals called "Niantic" with the Niantic logo. They also were Pokestops. "Niantic Ambassadors" were people hired from an event agency who had little ideas about the games. Swag available were 2 postcards (Niantic logo and Doty) and a red Niantic logo sticker. For Ingress it might have been nice to have at least a mission on the temporary portals. Or place battle beacons. Make frackers last longer. Pokemon Go had the community day pokemon spawn during the event (2pm to 5pm). Fortunately local players did a nice job and made a 18 mission Earth Day banner in the city center to celebrate the event.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

From your posts here describing your disappointment with the Niantic Community Day, I can't say that it was a "success for Ingress".

Therefore, the Ingress team should have a meeting with the ambassadors to rethink their strategy as soon as possible.

However, I am opposed to changing the dates of the existing First Saturday and Second Sunday to coincide with the Niantic Community Day.

If the intention is to have a Niantic Community Day in May and beyond as well, then we need to consider having some kind of Ingress event.

We can cheat with the Battle Beacon for a little while.

But that won't last three months.

• 52cucumbers52cucumbers ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Imagine thinking the bar for a participation medal should be so low you don't even have to show interest in "earning" it.

Fine, whatever, make it possible to hide them then? Or would that anger people who accidentally do it and then can't figure out what happened?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like Niantic Community Day was exactly what I expected it be: An event where Ingress players were outnumbered 100 to 1, and the swag wasn't good enough to warrant the drive I would have had to make.

I'm actually stunned any of you expected anything different.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

well simply put: there wasnt any ingress swag whatsoever.

Maybe this thread needs unpinning and a new one making for May?

The website mentions Pikmin & Pokémon days here already, so maybe add the Ingress one here too?

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Yesterday, all the venues for Kythera Anomaly Phase 2 were available and may be added.

But its totally TOO LATE to add.

I understand that those in charge are struggling to prevent the pandemic from spreading and not attracting hundreds of people.

However, it is incomprehensible that they would commit the folly of holding monthly anomalies like the Pokemon Community Day, which would severely damage the value of the Anomaly, and mass produce anomaly sites that would not attract more than 10 player in each team.

It would be better, then, to hold Hexathlons around the world as a monthly community day-like event.