#MeetYouOutThere on Niantic Community Day; Together we’ll Invest In Our Planet

Comments

• Let me discuss about Community Day Activations 2022

why is Indonesia not included in it, does it have to be by submitting a new application related to it, and Indonesia is also the city where the MD has been held.

We have Cities that believe they deserve an anomaly and have an active XF community and can be considered for the future. XF support is a requirement for anomalies/like Community Day Activation.

as an XMA representative from my region, I have the right to ask this, and need the best input or advice for the future.

• I second some of the previous comments. Why don't you add Mission Days (or Second Sundays, for what it's worth) to Community Days? IMO this is the safest way to let Ingress join the other Niantic's games in CDs.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because it's work. And I mean that seriously, and not in a "Niantic doesn't want to lift a finger" way.

Niantic wants Mission Days to have "good" missions. For each city where they are present, they'd have to research each location, plan a route, find out facts about the route etc.

I'd absolutely love a Community Day Mission Day though, don't get me wrong. I'm sure Niantic can get some agent on board to create those missions ;)

• I wish the NL-1331X Meetup had been announced on the April-June Events Schedule. I booked a hotel in Jacksonville for the Mission Day on the 24th but it's too late to change my reservation to include the 23rd also.

• Me gustaría que fuera un árbol por cada 5 km de los diferentes juegos... Es mi caso serían 3 árboles. Pero ya uno es una gran ayuda.

Saludos

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think it is harassment especially from Optima.

Many of us are all agents who passed level 8 long ago and have already reached A16. And many of us are Recursion.

Here is a hint.

Agents who recur now have to prepare by stocking up on a lot of low-level resonators right before they are recursion or they will have a lot of items of a level they can't use right after they are recursion.

Also, I have never recursed, so I can't be sure, but I believe that installing Aegis Shield was not possible in A1 because I had too little energy in my possession.

The recursion agent will then continue to continuously replenish items from the low-level portals until he or she reaches A8.

However, this kinetic system will make it more efficient and continuous for the recursion agent.

The kinetic program is also a good way for higher level agents to teach newcomers.

Stores sell beginner kits, but unlike Pokémon GO, Ingress has no way to earn in-game currency, so you will definitely have to pay for it.

But no one charges for a game they don't yet know if they will continue.

And the concept of steady replenishment has not yet sprouted.

In teaching Ingress to such newcomers, we can provide them with items.

So I don't see anything wrong with this kinetic program other than the danger that Niantic sales will go down.

The down part of the sales will have to be covered by well trained and loyal agents like us at Niantic.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

@NianticThia

I have one request for you at the Niantic Community Day.

That is the Ingress icon used for the Community Day.

Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom have dedicated Community Day icons.

But the Ingress icon is a reuse of the First Saturday icon.

Therefore, I think it is difficult for non-Ingress players to understand what this icon represents for Ingress.

Therefore, could you please create a dedicated icon for Ingress Community Day?

Easy-to-understand icons are essential to attract many newcomers.

Please consider this.

• YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET THE GOLD OPTIMA MEDAL IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY MADE PROGRESS ON THIS MEDAL.

I have only been playing for 7 months, so wasn’t around for the previous appearance of this medal.

”Hey, new guys! Here’s a shiny thing that you have no chance of getting, because you weren’t playing when it was out before, and it’s never coming back again!”

OK, maybe I can get silver…

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please stop. If agents keep complaining that Community Day doesn't have enough activity, Niantic will punish us with another event medal that takes 3-6 years to complete!

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

It should be the other way around. Isn't making less into more creating more waste? Reduce, reuse, recycle.

• Just wondering if we will get more information about the specific locations before the day? The Sydney location is Royal Botanic gardens. Which is 74 acres, or 30 hectares dependign on your preferred measurements. Thats a lot of ground to cover to find the right location... Looking forward to some official swag, as there hasnt been any at any event I've been to. I didnt know about it when i went to the NL event in my first year.

• Question: Who are the "Niantic brand ambassadors"? Are they just random's hired to be present and hand stuff out? Do they have any connection to any of the Niantic products at all?

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hate to break it to you guys, but making your dumb suggestions in person won't be any more effective than making them here.

• does anyone who have the banners of earthday? like this ,i want to submit mission for that day thanks for helping .

• Exelente medalla :3

• What I'm wondering about the return of the Optima Kinetic Capsule metric: last time around I traumatically ran out of time while my count was at 48, missing the gold-mark by a slither. Will the return of the metric mean that I'll get to score gold with two capsules, or will I have to "start over" at the silver 16?

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

The Saturday Sandlot JAX event is a $99 ticket.

Are there any in-game rewards for buying this ticket and attending this event?

@NianticThia

• jaaxtmpjaaxtmp ✭✭
    edited April 2022

For what I understood no, you only need to interact with a portal to activate your previous counter and then complete the badge.

So you will have to complete only 2 more capsules to get the gold tier badge.

• Nice badge 👍

• A bit of irony of a game that encourages driving around for hours in your car to have a special Earth Day!

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

@NianticOfficial and @NianticThia

As with all medal sales these days, it's fine to sell Earth Day medals, but just selling them doesn't seem to be enough to move agents.

It would have been cooler to give out medals as proof of participation in weekly or monthly events.

For example, instead of a kinetic capsule event with menesis medal relief, distribute Earth Day medals to agents who walk a certain distance and deploy a certain number of resonators.

And if the top performers (not known until the end of the event) were given a special Earth Day medal with a different shine, the agents would be more active.

I would like to see an event like the VIA LUX Adventure, which is still highly rated among agents. (Though it's a lot of work when you're playing)

Plus it would be even cooler if this could be tied into real world tree planting.

As a way to make medals a token of event participation, you could try implementing a Pokémon GO system of selling tickets to attend community days to catch new or popular Pokémon.

Event tickets are sold for about $1 to $2.

Participation medals are distributed at this point.

Specific parameters are measured during the event.

The top performers (e.g., top 10% of participants, above average of all participants) will have their medals changed color after the event.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• if you returned the kinetic capsule, you could return with the guardian Medal!

😛

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

I have no idea who the ambassador is or have heard for my country and its in Stockholm which i dont live in. My guess its some local pogo dude..

• EvoldicAEvoldicA ✭✭✭

Thanks for that. I went to Orlando a while ago and all they had was Pokémon and Niantic fans. Cardboard and a stick. Guess a ride up to Jax would be a waste....

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

JAX this month is special as Niantic is on ground personally, together with a Mission Day, NL-1331 and Operation Clear Field

Details here:

https://jaxmdocf.splashthat.com/