Remove supplementary portal photos from the remote view

falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

I have a suggestion that I think would help the game run faster, as well as use less data.

I love the interface for the remote view compared to Redacted. Previously, interesting information like the description of the portal was hidden behind a menu, along with extra photos that the community had submitted. In Prime, it now automatically brings up a screen that shows all of the photos that the community has submitted for that portal. This is problematic because it often results in half of the screen showing the spinning white circles as it tries to load the pictures, which on slow connections can take an agonizingly long time.

Could we possibly put these additional photos on another menu where it it not shown by default? I don't think many people find value in seeing the half dozen pictures that the community has submitted. The best photos get voted to the top anyway, so you can be reasonably certain that the supplementary photos are lower quality.

Keep the main photo, but hide the other ones. It will give the UI designers plenty of room to put all sorts of goodies on the screen as well.

Comments

• NamlhatNamlhat ✭✭✭

I completely agree on this -- save the data, the clutter onscreen, and give us a link to upvote other photos that may be available.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭
  • Yes please! My data usage is much higher using prime than redacted.

• +1 expensive clutter

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please. Let the typical screen display show information useful for game play only.

• GaijinHellGaijinHell ✭✭✭

The same space in the interface could be used for the recharging menu. Making it easier to access and overall a faster experience.

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

That's a good idea. And this is an opinion of an agent who submits a lot of portal pictures and hopes that they get notices and upvoted. But if I had to decide what's more important for the actual game there is no question.

In Harry Potter Niantic did a nice change. They randomly show one of the existing portal pictures when you zoom into the POI. A clever idea but I hope that this won't be implemented in Prime. I like the idea of listening to the "voice of the customer" regarding certain ingame elements.