Did You Know? - Recon Medal

The Recon medal is awarded to Ingress Agents who participate in the Wayfarer program, reviewing Wayspot nominations, which become Ingress Portals if approved, and Edits to improve existing Wayspots.

However, not all reviews provide points towards the Recon Medal. In order to get a point toward the Ingress Recon medal, you must:

• Review a Wayspot nomination or edit.
  • That nomination or edit must be reviewed by other reviewers, to a sufficient level that a result is generated.
  • Your review must align with the result of the reviews.
  • Your rating must be at Good or Great.

Reviewers who are at Poor or Fair will not gain points towards the Recon medal, even though their values for Nominations Accepted, Rejected and Duplicated may rise, and will still contribute towards Upgrades.

You can check your Wayfinder rating on the Wayfarer website under you profile (if you have access to Wayfarer):

Tagged:

Comments

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there is some current talk about incentivizing wayfarer and I'm curious to see what they do with that. I've more or less lost all interest around 1800 reviews because of the amount of pure garbage that is present in the system. For some reason, I'm doubting we will ever see any in-game rewards outside of the medal we already have, but maybe they can come up with something to get me back to reviewing.

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

Yes. I find it highly frustrating and feel there should be a better way of doing this, the recon badge takes a monumental amount of effort as if you should happen to dip into fair rating you can review for weeks gaining agreements but none of them count. I understand the need for there to be a system to prevent people from abusing, but it's very harsh that people who take their time still don't get their agreements counted, its far too hard to stay in the good rating in my opinion.

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

Did edits always count as agreements, or is that a new(er) thing? I remember thinking they didn’t count for some reason a few years ago, but haven’t kept up with all of the Wayfarer announcements.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

When did edits start counting for the recon medal?

• For quite a while they didn't count, and I don't think we ever gained the retroactive points from those edits, but everything I've done in recent months suggests that edits do work. During a dry patch of not doing any reviews, my recon stopped ticking (as it does after a while), then I logged in and happened to do only 2 edits and no new new reviews, and a week or two later, my recon had gone up by 2 points. (circa January 2022). I can't say when that changed, but it appears to have, because I was just lucky to be able to test it accidentally.

Happy to correct it if we can get a definitive answer otherwise though.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Gaining those points retroactively would be massive.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Until Wayfarer cleans up their borken system, I don't see the point in reviewing. Reviewed a Taco Bell, voted it 1 star, a week later it goes live (this was a semi local poi that I captured over the weekend in a town full of similar **** poi). So I don't get credit for correctly voting for that agreement. Nor many of the other hundreds that I've done that are similar.

A little bit of filtering, and they could easily get quite a bit of the big box stores, restaurants, ect from even being reviewed. Items on the do not submit list are shown to be reviewed, and frequently approved.

At least I made it to platinum.

And I'm soo tired of seeing these edits.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

And I do. For every 10 reviews, I generally see 2 of these types of move edits in the same general area. It gets old. Simple filter would likely slow this stuff down, or hey, if they did something about those who are continually attempting to abuse the system...

This has been occurring in the same area for well over a year now. Which tells me one thing. They are getting away with it, and Wayfarer can't prevent it.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This. The amount of **** is astounding. And wayfarer algorithms are crappy as well. The biggest problem is waypoints that get rejected whilst they are valid and the other way around. Voting according to the guidelines will 100% NOT get you this badge.

there was a purge of edits past weeks, I got all “stuck” edits back, all edits were not accepted by the community. (27 edits first batch, like 20 second batch, both batches at night with a day or two in between) I got banned because of “falsely editing the location of a portal”. I reviewed all of the location edits and they are all portals that are not in the right location.

I emailed back support and got the canned response that they reviewed all my edits and found the (10 day ban) was valid. Huge ****, and I’ve completely given up on wayfarer.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

I know this is felt by many agents, but recently, especially in the last two years, countless trash portals have appeared in the field.

It is just a stone's throw from chain stores, mailboxes, graffiti, etc.

As a result, Ingress seems to be rapidly losing its greatest appeal of "walking into new places.

Sure, the number of APs, the number of portals where missions can be built, the number of MUs and mind controllers, etc. are important.

But that should not have been the point that attracted me to Ingress in the first place.

It should have been the other attraction of going to great places in the real world with the help of augmented reality and having new experiences there that should have been what kept me playing.

So both the Ingress team and the ambassadors must think about bringing the attractive field back to Ingress.

To do this, we need to provide constructive input.

I think doing so will bring back more of the essential appeal of the game, rather than just adding more portals to the field and being able to draw links under CF.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

To do this, we need to provide constructive input.

Sorry, but that won’t work. We have tried again and again to raise concerns, report bugs, provide feedback, only to have the reports closed without actually reviewing them, topics closed or died off without any response, etc.

Niantic has proven they do not care, and will not change.