Feature Request: two types of inventory (Pokemon GO style)
We already have inventory split into two categories: keys, and items. But unfotunately both of them use the same storage quota.
In PoGO however, the split is not only as a category, but also as a different storage. You can buy up your two inventories (one for Pokémon, and other for items) into quite good/ managable and comfortable size, that you can adjust to your gameplay style.
Most important: this upgrades, after buy, are permanent. Not subscription.
Niantic allows expansion of storage in PoGO to 3500 items in item bag, and to 3500 Pokémon storage. That is 7000 storage!
In Ingress, there is only 2000 items of overall storage (keys, items, boosts, etc.). 2500 if you buy subscription.
That's a bit belittling in regard to Ingress players. Sorry, but it is.
Long story short, my idea:
- Divide item storage into 2 separate categories: keys and items.
- Make both storages upgradeable, yes, for actual money.
- For start, set max capacity of each storage to 2000 each. Allow 50-100 items upgrades up to 3500 items capacity each (maybe 1000 items at each category at the start of the game, for new players if you wish).
Count the cash.
- Watch Ingress players run around in rapture and delight, make more links, more building, more destruction, more everything.
- And no, no one will resign from C.O.R.E. because it has another 500 items in one shot (though 500 items is still a bit poor quantity) and good item bonuses.
No, KeyLocker is not the same/ or not equivalent for three reasons:
- Keys stored in KL are unusable.
- Keys not stored in KL take overall available items space.
- KL items takes up space on their own, max up to 6 items, but still.
I know we all want it.
Best to everyone!