Does your local area approve Fast Food Restaurant Playgrounds?

I personally don't submit them and don't plan to but the AMA response for this came out quite a while back so I wanted to know what the responses for these submissions have been. The AMA implied that they were approvable but it ultimately depended on local reviewers is what the response seemed to be and I was wondering if any areas in the world; rural, urban, suburban, certain countries, or region has had them approved in mass.

Comments

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

The only ones I have seen have been inside a McDonald's - and they are accepted

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

@Mickster What area of the world are you a part of? I know my area doesn't approve them since most consider it as a generic business and for the most part there are a decent amount of candidates around said fast food playgrounds.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I can only think of one resturant, a Chick-fil-a, that has a playground. May submit it sometime I'm there. But almost all of the reviewers in our OPR Discord group have already stated that they will 1-star them despite what the AMA says.

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I think they would be approved.

They are on private area, because in an area of ​​the company, but access is public and free for all.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone denying these need to back and read the AMA's Krug has stated valid. Basically the community not allowing valid portals worried that the quality will drop. I am sure it is a small bunch who don't like to vote on things that aren't visually appealing. I got a sonic drive in playground approved but mc donalds playground was denied 2 times already.

• HaramDingoHaramDingo ✭✭✭

There are certain gaps and periods where reviewers that do accept playgrounds are the majority positively rating fast-food playgrounds, and there are other periods when they don't review and those that negatively rate fast-food playgrounds based on their own "feelings" run rife and reject the majority of them.

Lately in my area, it seems to be on the accepting side, and every time one of the playgrounds get in and it gets posted in our OPR chat, one particular agents does the whole soliloquy of "I wouldn't take a tourist to this playground" or "The portal quality is declining" etc etc. and then vows to 1-star them if they ever see one.

There has to be a way to really fish out these agents who go against the general tide and directives of NIA's community manager. But they really are just guidelines.

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭

I certainly hope not. No phones during dinner

• if it's a mini indoor playground within the restaurant, probably will be mark as generic business by local agents in our area.

but if the fast food restaurant is near a park and the playground is outdoor, i will think there's a chance for that opr submission to go live, since it's within a park and probably can be seen in GMaps satellite view.

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

The United States. The same place as Niantic, and Andrew Krug . And both have said that it was ok.

• SirKingIkeSirKingIke ✭✭✭

I have seen some at highway service areas, but not in towns or cities. Usually they get denied here (Germany)

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

The problem is the shift. These were impossible to get approved in early days...so there's entrenched sentiment. I suggest being relentless and resubmit and take good advantage of the supporting info field without being demanding or entitled. Eventually the meditation will pay off

• FelicitousFelicitous ✭✭
    edited July 2019

@TheFarix i agree but doesn't stop some users from rejecting. (can't seem to use the Quote feature yet)

• In my local area I have not seen a single portal located inside the courtyard of a fast food restaurant. Here are considered generic companies. Still, if there are Niantic arguments to declare that they are acceptable, I may have to talk to the players in my area to modify the criteria.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChamaleonX

Was in an old ama

"Q: Briggs Jourdan - Your clarification from the September 2018 AMA about playgrounds at restaurants is unfortunately a hot topic of contention in our local community, and is often interpreted as ""NIA is monitoring fast food playgrounds."" Would it be possible to just spell it out with a definitive answer, such as 'Playground OK, Restaurant No'?"

A: This is exactly what the clarification said. NIA OPS said, “the playground typically meets the criteria of regular playgrounds...The business itself in the case of McDonald's would likely not meet the Portal criteria. So the playground is ok. Just don't try to submit every McDonald's location as those will get denied.”

That from the march 2019 AMA

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

The jacked up part about this is more and more restraunts in parts of Texas are adding outdoor playgrounds again. It seems that McDonalds, Burger King and Chick Fil A are the three that do inside playgrounds. Don't understand why we have people going 1* when Krug said approve playgrounds in areas that are not restricted by rules such as schools, daycares, and private residences!

• @Theisman Thanks for the info. In that case I will discuss it with the rest of the players in my area, to accept portals in playgrounds located inside fast food restaurants or any place where there is guaranteed safe access.

• In my opinion, as a portal, they would only be a way to publicize the venue and attract people to it, so I refuse them as a generic business, accepting only those in public parks.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you are directly going against guidelines, your opinion is irrelevant, we have been told to accept them so that is what you should be doing.

• @Theisman mhhh okkei, sorry (?) 😂

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

Even though we might disagree with Niantic regarding certain decisions (I do in regards to the swimming pool scenario though that answer for the pools was vague), we still need to follow the clear indications of what they have said specifically to approve and deny. @TheRangerHoxel

• @msz21 - I know, I just said one thought, it seems strange to me not to accept a restaurant or a bar because it's business, but the playground that it owns is admissible. Also often if you are not a consumer, you cannot have access to the playground; but maybe is also a my doubt.

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

Man I really wished people were more lenient on bars and social food gathering locations. Even if we write up a great description it often gets rejected. Sigh. @TheRangerHoxel . I haven't had even 1 approved among 10 candidates so don't even submit them anymore since I still have a lot of easy approval candidates in my local area.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

@msz21 when I get 20 bar portals in Austin Texas on one street should I approve them all? It has gotten so bad people are just submitting the inside of the bar or a budwiser advertisement object in the bar.

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

@kholman1 If they have a good description and I can find them online and they have good ratings, I will approve them. Sure if the bar is a chain or has no description it's not a great candidate but if it isn't a chain and has a great description they still get rejected. Austin might have a surplus of bars but so do smaller local areas and none of them seemed to get pass through in my local area.

• The problem here’s is that many reviewers just don’t follow the guidelines but they rate based on their opinion, which is irrelevant. Also, I tried to tell reviewers that Niantic officially said during March’s AMA that McDonald’s PlayLands must be accepted, but they either don’t read or they are jerks and they reject anyway.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

hit or miss I have gotten a sonic drive in playground approved and a friend got an indoor placeplace approved. I have been shot down twice on a playplace and even a unique mural to my city inside McDonalds was denied that showed the Dallas Cowboys stadium. I don't get why people assume that if it is inside mc donalds auto 1*. Like yes you can have unique objects but people are too full of themselves to go read the AMA's and have too high a standard on what they think is valid. I have people in my area saying oh they are too good to submit a basketball court and are ashamed of doing so but yet the same person is for a statue in a traffic circi