Support Refusing to Respond

AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

I opened a ticket over 6 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago they escalated my ticket to another team. Since then I have reached out nearly every day for an update and have not received a single response. The issue is getting worse and worse.

What other methods are there to get assistance with bugs/issues?

Problem I am having:

I hit level 12 on June 1st and started OPR that day. I have maintained great status the entire time besides the brief time you start at good.

In game badge shows Agreements at: 6043

OPR Page shows agreements at: 6042

Upgrades: 59 Upgrades & 90/100 (5990 total "Agreement Points")

From research I know that agreements while in poor status don't count toward badge, well I have the opposite problem where my badge is higher than Upgrade "Agreement Points". Also from research I have learned that edits count toward Upgrade "Agreement Points" but not badge agreements. So again if thats the case Upgrade "Agreement Points" should be higher than Recon Badge. Despite this somehow my Upgrade "Agreement Points" is lower than my recon badge.

This variance continues to grow almost daily, originally noticed it when it was around a 10 point variance and now its over 50.

Any insight or suggestions to get actual help?

Tagged:

Comments

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

@Cespar

This is not a "minor" display issue. Their is an actual issue with how its giving the Upgrade Points. The variance between my badge and my upgrades is now over 60, which would be over half an upgrade. To some this might be minor, to me this is dire. In order for me to get any portals reviewed I need OPR/Upgrades. So every single point toward an upgrade is critically important.

• The difference between the badge in-game ad what you see in OPR is because of portal edits. They don’t count for the badge but they do count as agreements for the upgrades. You can verify that by tapping the 3 lines in the top right corner. If you sum the portals created and rejected you will notice that they won’t match (by far) with the total count of agreements in OPR, but they will be very close to the number you have in your badge (the small difference is due the fact that it’s probably not update in real time).

@Cespar

I agree reviewing portals is important, but to me getting portals approved in my rural community is equally as important. I personally would like to enjoy the games Niantic makes but its very difficult to enjoy when there are very limited POI.

Also, your comment about what is very likely happening can't be the case because ive already received the agreement on the badge, my agreements are higher than my upgrade points. So either my agreements are too high or my upgrade points are too low. Either way its a bug that needs to be fixed.

Not spamming them with constant tickets, just asking for an update on the open ticket I have. Them not responding for over 30 days is horrible customer server.

@StefanoMatra

Edits would be the opposite direction of the problem I am having. My OPR Recon Badge is higher than my upgrades. The edits would increase my Upgrades Points and not Recon Badge.

Upgrade "Points" = 6522

Recon Badge = 6584

Current a 62 difference where my Recon Badge is higher.

@NianticCasey @RedSoloCup

Still need help. Support hasn't responses to my open ticket for over 36 days. Having additional problems with a portal stuck in upgrade status too.

• @AgentB0ss

You said "In game badge shows Agreements at: 6043

OPR Page shows agreements at: 6042

Upgrades: 59 Upgrades & 90/100 (5990 total "Agreement Points")"

The 5990 total makes sense being less than your agreements as upgrades started after OPR.

@LizardKing430 I didn't start OPR until June 2019 though. So all of my points are after Upgrades were a thing. I actually hit level 12 on June 1st 2019.

• Sorry to hear that this is happening, I'll escalate this internally @AgentB0ss.

@NianticCasey Thank you.

Update its been 41 days since support has responded to my ticket.

@NianticCasey @RedSoloCup

Wanted to bump this thread for visibility, its been 46 days since support has responded to my ticket.

Recon Badge: 8314

OPR Agreements: 8317

OPR Upgrade "Points": 8246

OPR Agreements to Upgrade Points is now 71 difference. As mentioned this problem is growing and I am losing hard earned points in OPR. This is the only way for me to get portals approved in my area.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, he already escalated it internally. Chill.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic is going to close this if you keep bumping it at this point.

@grendelwulf Until I actually hear back from the support ticket thats now been open for over 2 months, 47 days since i heard anything back I will keep escalating. When someone "Escalated it" a week ago and I haven't heard anything since. It doesn't appear to me anything is being done.

Any other company has a SLA of 24-28 hours to at least SAY something.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

You want a canned response every 24-48 hours or an actual solid answer or something that might explain the differential?

This has existed since OPR began and also I've noticed that portal edits get added but they take a long to them to get pushed from NIA.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the solution is to reduce your agreements so they match your upgrades.

@GridEXE A weekly update at least would be nice, but I have another issue I escalated that has gone completely ignored as well. Its really awful customer service to not SAY anything to a customer for almost 50 days now.

This has nothing to do with Portal Edits, I am getting less Upgrade Points than Agreements which there is no known explanation for.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Niantic's support team is rather limited, and they can only work with so much at once. If it takes Niantic weeks to respond to something, it's probably because they have a lot on their plate.

That might be another reason why these communities were formed, so that other players can provide feedback to assist one another until Niantic can respond.

@NianticCasey @RedSoloCup

I have still not received an update from Niantic Support from a ticket I created in June for this problem.

Recon Badge: 12,299

OPR Agreements: 12,302

OPR Upgrade "Points": 12,211

I am now missing almost an entire upgrade, as the problem continues to escalate.

• I also has this problem of different numbers in badge and OPR site, never care about it. 😎

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

You realise an upgrade just puts your submission at teh top of the review pile? It does nothing more than that. Not getting an upgrade doesn't mean your portal will hang in limbo. It will still get reviewed eventually. Even upgrading doesn't guarantee a review if your locals are not reviewing in the first place.

@Azhreia Yea you do realize that some areas take over a year to get reviews correct? So to me getting an upgrade is the most critical thing possible.

An upgrade is the difference between a review in a couple weeks versus a review in over a year. As a player who is trying to flesh out a rural community its very important.

Also Niantic should just care about there system and fix bugs like this, no one has been able to explain how this is possible.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm well aware. All my current upgrades are stuck because there are no reviewers in the area. For months already.

I'm just saying an upgrade will not go faster if there are few to no reviewers anyway.

@Azhreia Luckily, I dont have that problem. My Upgrades take 1-5 days generally as it goes out for me to the entire North America.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Then your other submissions will get processed too :).

@Azhreia Nah, mine only get processed with an upgrade. Because of how the cells work for reviewing I don't get reviews and takes upto / over a year to see a portal approved without an upgrade. However if I submit in the next scoring cell over from my small town stuff gets natually approved within 10 days. Its a very broken system.

Update: Still having the same problem and still zero communication back from support.

• You expect communication from Niantic Support. You must be new here.