Additional photo does not appear

12346»

Comments

• NewPapaSmurfNewPapaSmurf ✭✭
    edited March 2022

All the photos in my area are absolute junk and I’ve had many new ones approved over the last month but not seeing anything. Is there something I can do?

EDIT: Looks they have all been uploaded to Pokémon. ****?!

• Hi @NewPapaSmurf , the other day I just got realized that any portal update (title or description) triggers also the additional photo update. I mean, when I had approved the portal description/title update, the additional photo’s appeared. This is kind of weird and I only had tested on one portal, but you can try to replicate it. Regards.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Once again, approved photos are not showing up in the scanner. Issue started with approvals on 3/12/22 & later. I have over 40 approvals. Here's the first one:

notices@wayfarer.nianticlabs.com

Mar 12, 2022, 9:28 AM

Dear MJkingSF,Thank you for your Wayspot Photo submission for Willie Mays Plaque on Jan 10, 2022.

Congratulations, the community has decided to accept your Wayspot Photo submission. Please check out the full details in your Contribution Management page. Remember, community rejected submissions are not final! These may be appealed to Niantic one time via your Contribution Management page.

• I've been reporting this bug for over 2 years now. It is incredibly annoying and disheartening to take the time to improve portal pictures, wait for them to be approved, and then discover they don't appear on our scanners to be uploaded. There are a lot of incredibly s***** pictures out there that need to be upgraded. I applaud the folks are taking the time to fix the pictures. Niantic needs to get their act together to fix this problem so that we can improve the game together. I've got pictures that are still pending from over a year ago. Oh they were approved, but they don't show up in the scanner.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

Happened again to me. "Go there open Pokemon Go to force the sync" is not a solution for remote or difficult to reach potals.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is this still/again an issue? How hard is it to fix the integration with Lightship, so we can actually see our contributions?

I don't want to register in another game to force the issue. :/

• LlamazapLlamazap ✭✭✭

Same here, none of the additional pictures I've submitted in the past months show up in Ingress at all. Since most of the pictures I take are from far away, going there again with Pokemon Go (which is literally a manual sync) seems completely ridiculous, especially with current prices for any kind of energy and the state of the environment.

Being aware about a bug for over a year - with a known workaround - is an excellent confession of failure. Well done (again), Niantic.

• So it happens since 2019? I experience it now. More than 3 photo submissions approved but fail to appear on the portal. Please guys. Be serious on this one too. Please and thank you.

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Here's some test data for Niantic: A few of my 2022 approved pictures that never appeared on portals:

• Owl Koi Pond Fountain - 361 Fountain View Circle, Alcoa TN
    • Giant Flip Flop - 539 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN
    • Madison Co Water Tower - 3559- Colonel Road, Richmond KY
    • The Beach Club - 2 Ocean Trace Rd, St Augustine FL
    • Modern Saxophone, 211 Market St, Alpharetta GA
    • Crane Fountain - 3333 Buford Dr, Buford, GA 
    • American Alligator - 7215 Lakes Boulevard, Lake Park GA
    • Lake Park Water Tower - 120 North Essa Street, Lake Park GA
    • Collins Hill Aquatic Center - 2200 Collins Hill Rd, 30043, Lawrenceville GA
    • Chattahoochee Pointe Park Entrance - 5725 Jockey Walk, Suwanee GA

There are others.

Post edited by MargariteDVille on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure they know. They just don’t acknowledge; I’m sure it will work someday.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

New accepted photos still not added here after several days. And it’s in a remote enough location that it’s not visible from any nearby roads, and the location plus weather plus timing means taking the hike out there “just” to add in Pokémon votes is not going to happen any time soon

https://link.ingress.com/?link=https://intel.ingress.com/portal/adb1ac8a54323456825c08e2897036c3.16&apn=com.nianticproject.ingress&ofl=https://intel.ingress.com/intel?pll%3D43.136413,-79.177129&isi=576505181&ibi=com.google.ingress&ifl=https://apps.apple.com/app/ingress/id576505181&cid=9215572212089798592&_icp=1

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i've got some photo added today.

among all those bugged some are in ingress and pogo some only in pogo. i've upvoted those only in pogo to see if they synched to ingress too.

not sure if it's a one time fix and next one won't synch too or if really fixed