Portal Reinstatement after Spoofing

What's the official process to get portals reinstated after they are spoofed?

Tagged:

Comments

• 3abkarinov3abkarinov ✭✭✭

1- you have to report the exact time and location of the portal through this link https://ingresshelp.com/report.html

2- Provide screen shots of the situation with any evidence you can provide

3- Provide full information about the agent, the portal and why u think it was spoofed -like a whole description for the situation..

Best of luck

• @3abkarinov All those have been done. The agent was banned. Portals have not been reinstated.

edited July 2019

In this case u have to contact ur PoC to contact Niantic to reinstate the portal.. but they don't do it after 30 days.. hurry up

• Portals aren't being reinstated just for being spoofed.

They need to fit certain criteria for Niantic to reinstate them.

One of those criteria is hard to reach.

• AstargAstarg ✭✭

XQlusioN is correct. There needs to be more than just spoofing, like difficulty. A couple of us hike often and maintain a mountain roughly the size of Manhattan with about 60 miles of trails. It gets spoofed often.

Document times and names of the spoofers. Keep track of times/dates the portals were capped (your faction), who deployed resos/mods (your faction) and any links to the portals in question. An excel spreadsheet works well. Then reach out to your PoC.

• A hiking portal was recently spoofed (24~ miles round trip) around 2 months ago. It was never reverted. POC contacted, mods notified, user banned.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

what do u mean reinstated, that if a banned user spoofed to a portal, it should get destroyed by niantic or ?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

It means resetting the portal the previous state before the spoofer interacted with it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

okay i hear ya. we had a spoofer a few weeks ago that took a somewhat hard portal middle of night, he got banned and the portal slowly decayed to dead.. but no action was taken to remove the agents ownership from the portal.. thats weird to me..

• The portals were well documented as well as the spoofer. Getting that account banned does nothing to discourage spoofing since the account was made specifically for that spoof run. The account was banned. Niantic tickets are open. Vanguards have been involved.

What's the actual process we should be following as defined by niantic?

• What portal are you talking about?

• spoofing is disease must end

• Where should this portal reset application be submitted? Ingress Help directly or Vanguard? @RedSoloCup

• So when a spoofed portal is reinstated, are links reinstated also (if they existed)? Is this by default or is it optional.

What are the official rules around link/field renstatement?

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

It's not by default.. This has to be requested along with the spoofed portal reset. If a portal qualifies for reset, any links to or from it also qualify.

However, link resetting is a bit more tricky. All game rules apply that normally govern throwing that link. So, source portal must still have range and not be under a field. Both portals fully deployed (resetting the spoofed portal takes care of the one end). No blockers (legit crossing links will not be removed),

And the portal on the other end of the link must be untouched. IE, if a legit someone dropped that portal after the spoofer action, even if it's recaptured by the same faction, the link will not qualify. Reason for this is that link would have dropped had the spoofed action not taken place in the first place.

I hope that answers that?

Edit: Before I forget, link direction and link order is also vital to stipulate, else layered fields may not be rebuilt correctly.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Basically, nothing about a reset is automated or by default. It's done on request, and it's quite a manual process to log all the right information needed to process it.

• What @Azhreia said. Requests can also be by anyone.

• I understand the criteria for reinstatement. Assuming all of the criteria above is met is it optional to restore the links or not?

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, no. Links on a spoofed portal should be restored along with the portal.

Else, isn't that a nice and handy way of clearing own blockers on a difficult portal with a throwaway account and still get the portal back?

It would be open to abuse of the system.