Attack from Dual force amps

When we install two force amps in a portal, does the impact change? I believe the effect will not change, but my friend, Mix-san, insists that it will increase. I'm not sure.

Comments

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

Unless I'm mistaken, most Mod effects will stack, but it usually gives you diminishing returns.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Diminishing returns. 1 gives 2x damage, 2 gives 2.25x damage, 3 gives 2.375x damage, 4 gives 2.5x damage.

• With every deployed Force Amplifier you get less and less benefit from them, so keep that in mind so you will be more efficient in your use of amplifiers. This is a way to discourage the deployment of the same mods on portal and to keep portals from being too powerful.

• First one = +1x damage
    • Second one = +0.25x damage
    • Third one = +0.125x damage
    • Forth one = +0.125x damage

(From Decode Ingress)

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

Now toss 3 VR shields + a Force Amp on a portal and wish the opposing faction GL as it nearly one shots their XM bar. haha

• Thank you for quick replies! I must now apologize to him!

• JoeyDJoeyD ✭✭

if it is a portal i try to keep. my wife & I usually install 2 Rare/VR shields a Force Amp, & a Turret

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

@Majeye how about the Double Shield, turret, force amp combo? I've always liked that one... especially when its in a group of portals all doing the same thing.

• Turret increase the critical rate by only 10%, right? So I usually don't use it. I would be happy if someone tell us the expected value of the damage for each case.

• mix-san wo bakanisuruna!!

• 隣の犬は顔も白いが、尾も白い!

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

@agedWanderer it also increases the frequency of attack so you are force lightening more often.