Ingress 2.90.1 Release Notes

Comments

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think so, I thought immediately after the 7th scan would pop up but it's when the septicycle ends (Wed 16th at 18.00)

• Me parece bien, que salgan los portales aceptados que estaban saliendo :)

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I read this again and it was on my fault. I'm so sorry because I tagged you @NianticThia.

It says that you are able to schedule a rare battle beacon after the septicycle ends.

Post edited by Neku69 on
  • I am very sorry.

With the 20 meter rule gone, I was able to LIVE 13wayspot.

There were 10 spots that I was going to take pictures and nominate for once the snow is gone, but I gave up.

I wish this decision had been made a month later.

• OKellyDavisOKellyDavis ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Just a point, as people seem to think the UI for interacting with portals in proximity was an Ingress Prime feature:

The original Ingress scanner (or Scanner [REDACTED] later) had this feature. When Ingress Prime came out it didn't have the feature, but was definitely requested or wanted by many. It was only later that Prime gained the feature to disambiguate close portals.

• 2.90.1 has nothing to do with the 20m rule by the way.

Probably need to make it's own thread here or in the Wayfarer forum.

• The original Ingress scanner (or Scanner [REDACTED] later) had this feature. When Ingress Prime came out it didn't have the feature, but was definitely requested or wanted by many. It was only later that Prime gained the feature to disambiguate close portals.

We lobbied for this for some time during the beta, because it was in the classic client but not Prime, since PoGo didn't have it. I honestly don't know why they haven't backfilled it into PoGo too.

• Yup! I think Prime came out of beta November 2018 (think this was version 2.12 or thereabouts), the "tap disambiguation" feature I've found in release notes for 2.18.1 in February 2019.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

Still devo* about this. (Australian for devastated). Don't own a car single mum mad for microfielding stuck in the suburbs. If you had let me know I could have snuck in some playground and gazebos that are with 20m ... Like 60 in my area.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically, scanning while just walking in a straight line works far better than trying to actually scan most portals. Very few are 3d objects you can easily and readily walk around, and trying to scan flat objects like plaques fails frequently because the scan wants to see more GPS movement. So you either flail your phone around like an idiot, or scan the object and then scan walking away from it.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Still doesn't matter, there is only 3 players in my city who even bother with scanning.

And

With each scan being up to 100MB in size, no way is anyone going to waste their monthly data of up to 1.3GB of scan data for a fracker

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

If i understand we need to be 7 agents and every agents uploading 1 portal scaning to get 1 Rare Battle Beacon. 1 agent cant complete with 7 portal scannings.

It is corret?

@NianticBrian @NianticThia

• My monthly download+upload is 500GB. Most US unlimited plans top out at either 26GB or 50GB.

And more importantly, it's community scans, so people can share the effort around.