Ingress 2.90.1 Release Notes
• Dynamic Links: Agents can share dynamic links to a specific Portal from the Portal Details screen in the Scanner app. Opening the link will open the Scanner app to Remote Portal View, even if you don’t have a Portal Key to that Portal. Please note that if Ingress is already running and open to another screen, like Inventory management, then the dynamic link will open after you finish your current task and close the Inventory screen.
• After all Agents have upgraded to 2.90, we’ll enable the Portal Scan Meter: Agents can collectively contribute 7 Portal Scans per Septicycle to schedule a Rare Battle Beacon on the scanned Portal after the Septicycle ends. If Agents contribute 13 Portal Scans, a Portal Fracker will be deployed on that Portal immediately after the 13th successful upload in that Septicycle.
• Fixed: Sorting Portal Keys by name retains its alphabetical order.
• Fixed: FITREP screen is displayed once per week.
• Fixed: Recently approved and accepted Portal nominations will be added to the Scanner app once per day.
- If, during an event with Battle Beacon participation, a Rare Battle Beacon spawned at the end of a Septicycle as a result of Portal Scan Meter will count as a Player-deployed BB for the event.
- We are aware that some of Portals are affected by the discrepancy in the
Portals Discoveredstat. The team is aware but I do not have an ETA for this at this time.
- 17 March: As of today, all Agents will be on 2.90 and as such, the Portal Scan Meter has been activated! I've included some additional screenshots below.
- 17 March: A single Agent can do all the scans required for the rewards or do it with other people. When, collectively, everyone has contributed the total needed scans, the reward will be triggered. The Portal Scan Meter shows ALL scans contributed by Agents during the Septicycle.