Can not claim completed 8k capsule

This has happened several times over the past week. Screen goes dim and freezes the game. Each time I have to uninstall and then re-install Ingress. Very annoying!

Tagged:
1 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• @ShinyBIue - I'm so sorry you're experiencing this; does it happen every time you try to collect a finished Kinetic Capsule?

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

I experienced this twice this week. Both times it resolved in about 10 minutes but would otherwise completely hang. It's sporadic and hasn't happened before, but my teammates have reported it lately as well.

• I have experienced this in the last week. I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall, I did have to wait.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

The same bug happened for me just now,on stable wifi connection. 2,89,1 on Pixel 2 VZW stock A11.

Capsule was successfully claimed after some time(approximately half hour). So seems to be in my case this is related not specifically to this bug but to latency issue.

• CrepitusOzCrepitusOz ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I am having the same problem. Have tried restarting, reset connection, deleting some items, etc. but no luck.

Dim screen, nothing happens

• HarleyDudeHarleyDude ✭✭
    edited March 2022

I've also had it happen twice in the last week. It resolves after about 10 minutes, or 1 to 1.5 lost km

• resolved for me now

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Like300WombatsLike300Wombats ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I had this happen yesterday. After several attempts that included closing and reopening the app were unsuccessful, I was able to beat the glitch by backing out of the frozen screen (the back button on my phone was still functional), then opening a key locker, closing it again, and then I was able to claim the completed KCap and start a new one.

I have not yet encountered it again, so cannot say if my solution is repeatable.