The Ingress Investigation from 2012-2018 - deleted from the internet?

falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Investigation

Dear Niantic

Some of us are very passionate about the investigation. I am one of these people. I followed the investigation very closely since it was still in beta. The story has evolved in several ways. Originally, it was posted on the investigation board. That closed down, and moved to Google+. That also closed down, and the story went to investigate.ingress.com. THAT went away as well. Now we have the story being told on reddit.

There seems to be a conspiracy by the NIA to expunge all traces of the ingress investigation from the internet. We investigators should not allow this to happen. Can someone at the Niantic facility please contact Richard Loeb from the 1218 universe and ask him to dump all of his investigation files, including leaked documents, youtube videos, The Ingress Report, and more, into a central location, so that we can preserve it?

Translation to Niantic - can we please revive some of the investigation files that were on G+ and investigate.ingress.com somewhere that won't be deleted? Ingress is an incredibly unique story, but the story right now is missing half the chapters in it. A new person who wants to read about things like operation 13magnus or Persepolis will find almost nothing. Please put it somewhere for us to look at!

Thank you

Comments

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

This is the second time I've seen someone claim the original investigation board is down, but I just checked and it's fine.

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

The original board is still viewable. The nianticproject.com is still viewable. The investigate.ingress.com is not.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

There's also 4 volumes of media released by Niantic Project members:

The issue is the material that spans Obsidian to around the start of Prime's launch (2016-2018). I enjoyed how this material was laid out with the website - the current reddit format is a disaster.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Investigate ingress needs to come back up. They they can add it to the investigation board site, since that's still up?

Problem is it links to Google + which is also down

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

Looking at Google Plus pages is a pain on the Wayback Machine. It only shows you a handful of posts in each captured instance, and when I try to go to an older version of the same page I get an error. Is it just me?

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

I know a lot investigators that would love for the investigate.ingress.com website to return. OR for there to be a Volume 5 and/or 6 of the last 2-3 years.

@NIA_Emily I am not sure if you are the correct person to ask, but is there something NIA can do to restore that site or are Volumes in the works or something? Because, as we were discussing in Operation Essex last night, it appears that there is some parallel between Myriad and Aegis Nova, and, though I love a good rabbit hole, it is extremely difficult to go page by page in the wayback machine just to find the corresponding information.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

Maybe just some kind of acknowledgement that they will do something would be great. Reddit is a subpar medium for their material to be posted.

• PSratPSrat ✭✭

I'd like to buy the full set on Google Play Store, but volume 3 is not there? I don't have a Kindle, so their bundle with all four volumes is less interesting..

Is there any chance that Google Play Store will be selling volume 3 again, as far

• AstargAstarg ✭✭

I've got the books on my kindle and a graphic novel too. I've been slowly reading them.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

I would love to see more on the lore/investigation consolidated somewhere as well. I find the Google Play books I have are not searchable friendly (there is often times I search for terms and pages/info is left out of the returned search results)

There are also other sources out there such as Felicia's Books and Exotic Matters Blog that need to be remembered/included (nice link from FevGames collecting the Felicia materials) https://fevgames.net/ingress/lore/characters/felicia-hajra-lee-2/

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

We've also lost the official record of almost every anomaly series. It's sad.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I'm pretty sure the hiding of some of the old YouTube videos happened due to changes in YouTube's algorithm as an attempt to not get them demonetized / YouTube removed as a result of them being labeled as "conspiracy."

I however, have a bad feeling that alot of the lore was never backed up by Niantic when various platforms went down...

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

I know a lot of players backed up the G+ pages. It seems not all of these backups are available to the public just yet.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

More of 1218 lore to be lost? (as pointed out by another Agent to me, many early missions have Field Trip Waypoints) https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/13/niantic-to-shut-down-field-trip  

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

Ah, that sucks. Prime, Redacted, and Field Trip are the only Niantic apps I use. I do hope we see a newer version come along.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

Many new missions use Field Trip waypoints as well. I just did one from the last anomaly that has about 30% of it as field trip waypoints.

Hopefully they find a way to end Field Trip without breaking Ingress.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if there's a Verity Seke in Osiris