Concerns re: Spoofing [A Dedicated Thread]

Comments

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Take it as a sign that a human may be assessing it. I sometimes get stuff back in the matter of couple of hours.

• A couple of days ago I try to think that it is, meanwhile I keep waiting 😶

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

plus comments in this thread that can fill up at least 1 single page were telling (as always) "Niantic can't do ABC because xyz"

making it additionally funny. Niantic is not even reading this thread while those fan words have already come up voluntarily

• Yesterday, someone asked me to report an account that had traveled in 2 minutes something that according to Google takes 9 minutes. I replied that I no longer report, because it is a waste of time. I will report again when Niantic assures that they have made changes in the fight against spoofing.

• NoctarionNoctarion ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Coming to read this forum and the wayfarer one is so disheartening and discouraging. In both of them u can see that the reponse from Niantic and their way of handling their community is just pure bullpoop. No feedback, no answers, censorship. I believe the company still works (badly, but still works) because of it being associated with the Pokemon brand and its fans that put a lot of money on it no matter how disgusting their community management is, Ingress is dying and doesn´t seem like they give a damn.

• CamsEyesCamsEyes ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I don't entirely agree that reporting cheating is totaly useless. You have to persevere and often spoofer accounts end up being banned. However it is much more difficult, if not impossible, to get results for multiple-accounting and to punish the creators of these spoof accounts. And that's the big problem. If the source persists, new accounts and new spoof accounts are tirelessly created, always in the same area, always benefiting the same agent ...

I'm writing today mainly because I'm wondering about the fact that since a few days the obvious spoof accounts in our area are rushing to get a trekker medal (while sometimes their actions in game do not justify it). Do you know of an application, a program, ... that can simulate the walk, or other?

Are the support team members aware that the trekker medal seems to be able to be falsified?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Botlike clients exist that you can program on a walking path.

At least they used to exist so they probably still do.

• WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

Or the well known sock technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzJDdCPtV-s

• When you report hundreds of times (unfortunately I'm not exaggerating) the same accounts (from the same owner) and none are banned, the most normal thing is to stop believing that things are going to change.

If Niantic doesn't manually check the reports and improve their detection systems, I'm not going to waste my time anymore.

Either they hacked the fitness data or they use KML-based movement simulation app. It seems that Ingress client cannot detect it from the behavior (as they act like real players but occasionally superhuman) but from the signature of app only, which can be altered easily to bypass the detection.

• edited March 2022

Really, with the daily caps on KCs, hacking adventure sync doesn't really afford a huge bonus, and otherwise it's not really anything of value.

Spoofing is definitely the more important issue because of the fundamental breaking of "You must get there in person". Spoofers upping the Trekker medal are probably doing it because "Account has walked 0kms" is one of those points that many players look at and go "Yep, definitely a spoofer".

One major reason of their creating this thread is a series of dedicated and righteous players in Russia urging for effective handling of repeated blatant spoofers in Moscow. Now that the entire Russian region is banned from the game for political reasons and the issue got "solved" accordingly. Following this thread becomes reading a satire now.

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid this question will come up with agents all over the world. A thousand times more than agents fighting spoofers in Moscow ...

• NoctarionNoctarion ✭✭✭

I think one of the reasons was mostly to censor us and also to clean the big mess the forum was with all the spoofer reports posted in the general thread, I also think it was to mask the issue, if all the crying and rant is in 1 place is less visible for others cause its easier to ignore if you are not affected by it.

We all know that. So I just won't waste time on something that they discourage us to do.

It's like IITC. Players are using it but it's not allowed to be discussed here. Questions about it will be simply ignored.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Well Niantic probably just created two whole countries of spoofers so...

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

spoof fields continue to hang, spoofers naturally charge them.

• Check back in a week. All of the anchors on those fields are 1 day decayed, and they only shut down the access a day ago.

• CamsEyesCamsEyes ✭✭✭

Same for me. I have a reports still pending since several days. These reports were send to the support team using support web site, not in game. Is there a problem with a specific web browser or a more general problem with the support team/bot ?